Sensitive skin is common skin type, and it is one of the main queries that we get from customers. For some of us it only comes about when using certain products, such as vitamin C serums. For others it is a daily concern and means being extremely careful about the products and ingredients that we put on our skin. This is one of the reasons that we developed Nakin Natural Anti-Ageing Skincare which is made with gentle but amazing plant actives to enhance and improve skin, but without aggravating it. We thought it would be helpful to write an article about our vitamin C alternative serums for sensitive skin. This feature will focus on using a natural vitamin C serum which is kind to even sensitive skin, as we cannot advocate products with synthetic vitamin C, which can be harsh and aggravating to skin.
Vitamin C is a big buzz word in beauty because it has many anti-ageing benefits for skin. This includes brightening skin, evening out skin tone and reducing pigmentation issues. Vitamin C in serums are an especially powerful anti-ageing solution for skin, as a serum has a smaller molecule size than a cream, and so can reach deep down into the skin cells. The problem is that everyone assumes the vitamin C in skincare is natural, which is completely understandable as it occurs in so many foods like citrus fruits. The other issue is that many conventional vitamin C face serums that are around use synthetic versions of vitamin C, which can be irritating and aggravating to skin. To further complicate matters, if you use some vitamin C serums you might not be able to let sunlight get to the skin as it can cause problems, you also need to be careful on the ingredients in the other skincare products that you are using, in case the combination is too much for skin.
We understand that some people never have sensitive skin and synthetic vitamin C serums work for them. However, if you do have sensitive skin, or your skin starts to show some sensitivity (which is common as we age), then you might be better using only natural plant vitamin C anti-ageing serums. You can find out more about the difference between natural and synthetic vitamin C serums in our blog article here. Although many of the vitamin C ingredients such as magnesium ascorbyl phosphate are derived from vitamin C, they are chemically made. The nearest natural form of Vitamin C in skincare is ascorbic acid but this needs to be in a formula with a low pH, and such acidic formulas will never be great for skin. The issue of vitamin C serums is further complicated by the fact that there are many different forms of vitamin C in skincare, and beauty expert opinions vary on which is the best one to use. Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate is one of the more kinder versions, if you are looking for a strong vitamin C serum and do not want to use a plant option. The main concerns with using synthetic vitamin C on sensitive skin is that they can cause redness, stinging and irritation. Instead it would be better to use a natural face serum that contains ingredients rich in vitamin C, such as our Performance Face Serum. This solves the solution of delivering those much-needed powerful vitamins to skin while still being kind, gentle and natural. The benefits of Nakin’s Anti-Ageing Performance Face Serum include:
- It delivers vitamins only from plants like pomegranate, that help with uneven skin tone and pigmentation.
- The serum is filled with a special blend of plant actives to help skin to function as well as possible.
- It supports elastin and collagen production in skin.
- It calms stressed out skin and reduces redness.
- The potent formula helps skin to combat past damage from the sun and lifestyle choices.
- The serum smooths lines with hibiscus extract, which is proven to soften and reduce lines naturally.
- It hydrates skin with hyaluronic acid.
- It beautifies skin with skin loving plant actives.
- The serum is kind to even sensitive skin.
- It’s suitable for all skin types.
- The non-oily formula quickly sinks into skin.
- It can be used with other skincare products, as the ingredient formula will not have adverse reactions when combined with other active ingredients.
- The large 50ml size offers great value for a stunning award-winning face serum.
- It has a mild 100% natural fragrance
- It’s free from harsh ingredients like parabens, artificial colours, PEGs and silicones
- The serum is cruelty free and registered with the leaping bunny scheme
- Its made in the UK
As well as using Nakin’s Anti-Ageing Performance Face Serum, which is one of the best face serums available, the other way to keep skin looking fabulous is also with effective cleaning, treating and moisturising with our natural face products. The best skin maintenance will also involve good sun protection using a five-star sun cream, that protects from both UVA and UVB rays.
To find out more about Nakin and our award-winning natural skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin offer high performance skincare that is kind to skin, due to the natural plant formulas to enhance skin without irritation. The full range includes everything that you need for a full anti-ageing face care regime with cleansing, toning, treatments, lip and eye cream, face moisturisers, serum and face oil. The entire collection is cruelty free and made in the UK.