We wanted to write this article about the benefits of beeswax for lips as we feel that beeswax has developed a bit of a bad name in recent years. This comes from it not being a vegan ingredient. It is true that it is not a vegan ingredient as it is produced by bees, however, it is vegetarian and as long as it is sourced ethically and sustainably then using it for cosmetic ingredients is not harmful to bees. Beeswax is the only non-vegan ingredient that we use in Nakin’s Natural Anti-Ageing Skincare products, and we use it in our Lip Treatment Balm as it has so many lovely properties for lips. Read on to find out the benefits of beeswax for lips.
Beeswax is a natural substance that is secreted by bees to build their hive. It is composed of hundreds of different compounds, including vitamins A, B, C and E. Beeswax has been used for centuries in skincare products, as it is an excellent emollient and has anti-inflammatory properties.
It is often used as a base ingredient in lip balms and lipsticks, as it helps to lock in moisture and protect the lips from the environment. It also gives these products a smooth texture and a mild glossy finish. If you are looking for a natural way to moisturise and protect your lips, then using a lip balm with beeswax in is an ideal way to look after them. Here are some of the benefits of beeswax for lips:
- Beeswax seals in moisture and protects against dryness.
- Beeswax has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to soothe chapped or irritated lips.
- Beeswax can help to create a barrier between the lips and the environment, making it ideal for use in windy or cold weather conditions.
- Beeswax gives lip products a smooth texture and a glossy finish.
- Beeswax is a natural substance that is not likely to cause any irritation or allergic reactions.
As we mentioned, we use beeswax in our 100% Natural Lip Balm, and it is one of the reasons that we believe it is such a loved product. It has won numerous awards including Best Lip Balm, which is quite a testimony when you think about how many lip balms there are out there. It is also mostly five stars rated by customers. If you are looking for a high-quality lip balm, then why not give it a try. This is just one product in our natural anti-ageing range of face products. We also have everything needed for a skincare routine with cleansers, treatments and creams. You can find out more about Nakin and our products in the links below.
- Discover our award-winning natural anti-ageing cleansers.
- Discover our award-winning natural anti-ageing face treatments.
- Discover our award-winning natural anti-ageing moisturisers.
- Discover our award-winning natural anti-ageing eye cream.
- Discover our award-winning natural anti-ageing lip care.
- See our full range of natural anti-ageing products, with everything needed in an effective face care routine.