As you years go by, some of us might notice the appearance of wrinkles by our ears. They usually appear on the areas where the face joins the ears, so the skin pit by the ear plus the tragus, which is the small pointed area of cartilage in the middle front of the ear. Lines and wrinkles will also appear on the skin above and below the tragus. The wrinkles usually show up as irregular vertical lines in this area, at the edge of the face near the ear. These ear wrinkles are often genetic and a natural part of ageing and from sun damage. They can be eradicated by face lifts, and other cosmetic procedures. However, at Nakin we believe in achieving beautiful skin naturally, using the best natural skincare. Amazing plant actives are kind to skin and make incredible anti-ageing skincare products. There are other natural methods to help to get rid of lines by the ears naturally, as per our advice below.
Just to mention that it is completely normal to have lines and wrinkles around the ear area. However, when we were researching this article, we read that if there is a crease line on the actual earlobe, then this can be a sign of heart disease. So, if you have this particular type of crease line, then always seek professional medical advice just to be sure that everything is ok. But for general lines and wrinkles around the ears, read on for natural ways to lift and rejuvenate this area.
What Causes Wrinkles by The Ears?
Some of us are more prone to wrinkles around the ears than others. It can be genetic and related to our face shape. But for all of us, as we age our skin loses its shape and starts to sag. As the years go by our bones become thinner plus skin loses its volume and bounce, and it kind of starts to weigh down and sag. Ultraviolet damage from the sun contributes to this sagging. The combination of these is what causes wrinkles around the ears.
Massage to Get Rid of Wrinkles by the Ears
Facial massage is a great way of relaxing and stimulating the skin, which helps to boost and tone it. Simply get the two forefingers on each hand, put them together and use them to massage all around the wrinkles by the ear, including the area above and below the wrinkles, the jaw and behind the ears. Massage with medium pressure in circular motions and change direction, so you massage both clockwise and anti-clockwise. Repeat daily.
Exercises to Get Rid of Wrinkles by the Ears
Our face loses shape and tone as the years go by, but we can help to improve this. A great exercise to tone the area of skin around the ears is to take your tongue and put it over your front teeth as far as it will go to the top of the gum. You will feel a shift in the facial area by the ear and it stretches out nicely and relaxes the chewing muscles, repeat this 10 times a day. Next find a wine cork and place it vertically between your lips with the mouth open. This stretches out the face beautifully and you can leave it for 30 seconds and repeat daily, to help maintain a toned face shape and assist with naturally lifting the area by the ears.
Natural Anti-Ageing Skincare to Get Rid of Wrinkles by The Ears
The skin around the ears benefits from being looked after and from a good skincare regime, just like the rest of the face and neck. The right natural skincare helps skin to stay as fresh and youthful as possible, which includes smoothing out lines and wrinkles by the ears. Sometimes it is easy to miss out the small areas of skin near the ears when applying face products. It is really important to include every part of the face when applying beauty products. This also applies to sunscreen application, as sun damage is one of the main causes of lines and wrinkles on the face.
- Cleansing is essential for smooth youthful skin and our anti-ageing Advanced Cleansing Milk £15 for 150ml removes make-up and grime, while being kind and without stripping skin. The plant oils and seaweed are perfect to cleanse and condition skin at the same time.
- After cleansing freshen and revive skin with our anti-ageing Purifying Face Toner £15 for 150ml to remove the last traces of cleanser, detox and prepare skin to be most receptive to the actives applied after cleansing. Its power comes from seaweed, hyaluronic acid and natural botanicals.
- Face treatments are specially designed to boost skin with powerful actives. Our anti-ageing Performance Face Serum £25 for 50ml is a hero in helping with lines, sun damage and an uneven skin tone. It is packed with powerful plant extracts like line smoothing hibiscus, plumping hyaluronic acid and powerful antioxidants such as pomegranate, for all around skin enhancement. The hibiscus is one of the best natural anti-wrinkle ingredients that can be used in skincare. This will smooth out lines all over the face, including around the ears.
- Follow the serum with the anti-ageing Revitalising Face Oil £22 for 50ml that is another face treatment product. You can massage it into the face using hands, or a facial massage tool if preferred. It calms, conditions and energises skin with the best plant oils like argan, baobab and peach kernel oil.
- Although this is not next to the ears, our anti-ageing Eye Cream Complex £18 for 15ml gives the skin around eyes silky soft hydration and combats dark circles, wrinkles and puffing. This is from an array of plant extracts for an amazing natural eye treatment. This also includes hibiscus, which is a superb natural anti-wrinkle ingredient to help with lines around the eyes and crow’s feet.
- After the face treatments come face cream moisturisers, which should be applied to all areas of the face and neck, including the skin right up to the ears. Our anti-ageing Matt Formula Face Cream £20 for 50ml is a moisturiser for oily, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It is also great as a foundation base and provides long lasting smooth hydration without greasiness. Or try the anti-ageing Active Dew Face Cream £20 for 50ml which is for dry, normal, combination and sensitive skin. This is the best face cream if you have drier skin, or like a rich cream and dewy finish.
- Finish your anti-wrinkle face routine with our anti-ageing Lip Treatment Balm £10 for 15ml to soften, hydrate and comfort even very dry lips.
We hope that you found this article about getting rid of wrinkles by the ears naturally. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK.