At first face wipes seem like an easy and fast way to cleanse skin. However, they are not quite the dream product that we wish they were. For anyone that has used face wipes, you might have noticed quite a dry uncomfortable feeling on the face. It depends on the actual face wipe of course, and the quality can vary widely. At Nakin we are dedicated to producing amazing natural skincare, but we would never include face wipes in our anti-ageing skincare. There are many reasons for this and why we recommend not using face wipes, as listed below.
- Face wipes do not clean the face properly, although they do remove some dirt and make-up, it is very much grime that is on the surface of skin, so deeper down dirt is left in its place.
- They leave behind the ingredients that are on the wipe, so as some conventional wipes contain harsh cleansers and preservatives, these are left on the face and can cause irritation.
- Many face wipes contain strong cleansing ingredients that can disrupt the skin barrier and microbiome, which can have all sorts of negative effects on skin.
- A lot of face wipes contain quite harsh cleansers, which can strip skin of the natural oils and be drying to skin and throw it off balance.
- In order to get grime off with face wipes, we tend to rub them quite hard over the face, and this rubbing is damaging to skin and causes inflammation.
- Some face wipes have eco issues for the environments, as they are made of fibres that cannot biodegrade naturally.
Instead of using face wipes, we recommend a healthy cleansing routine of cleansing the face with a cleansing milk and face toner combination. This might take longer than using face wipes, however, cleansing the skin with amazing natural face products in the morning and evening will result in clear, soft, happy comforted skin.
Nakin’s natural Advanced Cleansing Milk cleans deep down and is kind and nourishing to skin. It cleans and brightens dull skin as it helps to clear away dead skin cells, as well as hydrating and nourishing skin. Skin is left beautifully cleansed without stripping; and dullness is banished, for soft glowing skin.
After the cleansing milk use Nakin’s natural Purifying Face Toner which helps dull skin by removing the last traces of cleanser, detoxing skin, clearing away dead skin cells and conditioning. Impurities are wiped away with the deep-down cleansing action, but skin is still balanced and calm.
We hope that you found this article useful about why you should not use face wipes. Face wipes do not generally clean skin properly, and they can cause issues for skin like dryness, irritation and disrupting the barrier. They can also be bad for the environment, although there are lots of natural options available now. At Nakin we love living a natural healthy lifestyle. When it comes to skincare products, we believe in using natural skincare that is kind to skin. The nice thing is that amazing natural skincare products like Nakin’s are really nourishing and boosting to skin, as they are filled with the best plant ingredients. Following a good skin regime morning and evening, as well as using cruelty free skincare is the best way to keep your skin clean, smooth and glowing. At Nakin we believe in looking as good as we can naturally, and this is why we developed our award winning anti-ageing skincare range. A healthy lifestyle combined with always using the best skincare products is one of the easiest things you can do to enhance your look naturally.
Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award-winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK. If you would like to get in touch with Nakin then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to hear your thoughts and are also available to offer skincare and product advice.