At Nakin we are huge fans of plant-based skincare, as plants have magical properties with huge benefits to health and for skin. Science has advanced so much and there is now a drug and chemical for everything, to help with health and skin concerns. But putting synthetic chemicals on our skin, just does not feel right to us. Sometimes of course a medical practitioner will describe a product to be used on our skin for a specific concern, and we should always seek medical advice on skin conditions. But for general skin health and improvement, we believe that plant-based skincare is always better than synthetic versions. This is why at Nakin we have created incredible natural skincare that harnesses the power of plants, to beautify skin naturally.
We have to be honest and say that plant-based skincare is probably not going to give the same results that synthetic ingredients like retinol will provide. Instead they offer a more gradual subtle enhancement to skin. But the nice thing about plant-based skincare is that it should not cause irritation or have side effects, and it works in harmony with our own natural biology. We say that plant-based skincare should not cause irritation, as some natural ingredients can irritate skin. This might be ingredients like essential oils when used at a too high potency. Sometimes people can be allergic to even the most natural of ingredients, like nut oils. So, care should always be taken with any new product, and we always recommend carrying out a patch test, to be certain that a product will not cause any reaction. But generally, where there are no skin issues or allergies, and when plant-based skincare is made using high-quality natural ingredients and in the right quantities, then it is kind and enhancing to skin.
The reason that we love plant ingredients is because of the intense nourishment that they give to skin. Botanical extracts, natural butters and oils are packed with masses of vitamins, minerals, fats and micro-nutrients. So, when these are included in skincare products it means that these nutrients reach the skin cells to improve and boost, with a variety of magical properties. Every botanical ingredient has its own incredibly special unique powers, and the best skincare products will utilise these to make creams and lotions with many benefits to skin. This is why we use them so much in our anti-ageing skincare as they have the ability to smooth lines, hydrate, cleanse, tone, brighten and even out skin discolouration; and this is just a few of their properties.
If you love plant-based skincare as much as we do, then take a look at our award-winning natural face care range below.
- Our plant-based Advanced Cleansing Milk £15 for 150ml removes make-up and daily dirt morning and evening, while being kind and without stripping skin. The plant oils and seaweed are perfect to cleanse and condition skin at the same time. It is an amazing first-step in every skincare routine and can also be used to exfoliate when removed with a luke-warm damp muslin cloth.
- After cleansing apply the plant-based Purifying Face Toner £15 for 150ml to remove the last traces of cleanser, revive and detox skin. This power comes from the amazing natural extracts like seaweed, hyaluronic acid and plant botanicals.
- Our plant-based Performance Face Serum £25 for 50ml is a bio face treatment to help with lines, UV damage and an uneven skin tone. It is full of amazing plant extracts like line smoothing hibiscus, ingredients from the sea, plumping hyaluronic acid and antioxidants, such as pomegranate for all around skin enhancement.
- The 100% plant-based Revitalising Face Oil £22 for 50ml is another face treatment product which calms, conditions and energises skin with the best plant oils like argan, baobab and peach kernel oil. Although it is an oil it has an amazing non-greasy finish for soft glowing skin.
- The plant-based Eye Cream Complex £18 for 15ml gives the skin around eyes silky soft hydration and combats dark circles, wrinkles and puffing. The many natural plant extracts make it a special treatment for skin around the eyes. This is why it is loved by so many.
- Our plant-based Matt Formula Face Cream £20 for 50ml is a moisturiser for oily, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It provides long lasting smooth hydration without greasiness. As with all our products, we only use high-quality plant ingredients that do not clog pores. This face cream is free from rich oils like coconut and macadamia.
- The plant-based Active Dew Face Cream £20 for 50ml is the best face moisturiser for dry, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It gives a dewier finish but is never greasy. It hydrates and defends all day long, with a gorgeous long-lasting formula.
- Our plant-based Lip Treatment Balm £10 for 15ml softens, hydrates and comforts even very dry lips with 100% plant oils and butters. This includes argan, baobab, mint and shea butter for super soft nourished lips.
We hope that you found our feature about plant-based skincare helpful. You can see why we are so obsessed with plant ingredients, as they help to keep skin clear, conditioned and glowing naturally. Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK.