If there is one product that we want to shout about it is face oils, as they are an often forgotten about and misunderstood beauty tool. Many of us think that the job of a face oil is to stop our skin getting dry, but while they can help with this, it is not their main role. The other common belief with face oils is that they can make skin look greasy and they are not for oilier skin types. This is not correct and the best face oils will do wonders for all types. Find out why we love face oils below.
- When we first launched Nakin it was essential for us to include a face oil in the collection, which is our Revitalising Face Oil. It’s one-stop facial oil for all skin types including sensitive skin and has a special blend of many amazing plant oils. This includes peach kernel, baobab, argan and jojoba seed oil, which combine to offer the face and neck numerous benefits.
- One of the very special properties that a face oil has is from their emollient nature, as the light consistency sinks into skin cells to soften and smooth the complexion.
- Plant oils are naturally full of antioxidants to help our skin better handle environmental stressors, like ultraviolet radiation and pollution that contribute to premature skin ageing.
- The plant ingredients like jojoba actually work like a liquid version of wax to provide an invisible barrier that helps with moisture retention in the skin.
- Face oils with their many nutrients can be beautifully healing to skin. Our anti-ageing face oil has many natural anti-inflammatory ingredients that clear and calm skin cells.
- One of the reasons that we love face oils is because they can be completely pure. Our natural face oil is completely natural with no other ingredients added to it.
- Face oils help all skin types and even oily skin. The lightweight consistency combines well with all skin types. If you use one the best face oils and it will not include comedogenic clogging ingredients, instead good oil helps to regulate and balance the skin’s oil production. As oils have a thin consistency, they can trickle between skin cells and help to dissolve any excess oiliness on the skin. So, there is no need to be fearful of a face oil if you already have oily skin.
As you can see there are so many reasons why we love face oils. The way to use them is to apply to wet or dry cleansed skin and after applying a serum. Applying them before a face cream allows for all of that nutrition to slide between the skin. They act as humectants that work to hold hydration into skin, delivering moisture and sinking into the top layer of the skin making it look smoother. Then when a face cream is applied on top it seals in all that moisture and goodness for hydrated plump skin.
One thing to remember with a face oil is that it can never replace the job of face cream moisturisers. Skincare experts and dermatologists know that there are many differences between these products. It’s not so much that one is better than the other, because they can both have amazing effects on skin, but for different reasons. A face oil will help with moisture but is unable to shield the skin barrier and prevent trans epidermal water loss like a face cream can.
We hope that you enjoyed our feature explaining why we love face oils. To find out more about Nakin and our award-winning face care take a look at our range below.