At Nakin we love beauty, we love great skincare and all things pampering. But we have no joy from using products that have been tested on animals and therefore we only support cruelty free shopping. Nakin’s range of award-winning products proves that cruelty free skincare does not need to be a compromise. The fact that there are still so many products out there that are not cruelty free makes us very sad. This article looks at why we must shop cruelty free for beauty products and how to do it.
Why Are Cruelty Free Products Essential?
Shockingly animal testing for beauty and cosmetic products still happens on a large scale, and mostly by some of the largest most well-known beauty companies. Often, we think it’s a thing of the past as it is not something that companies ever communicate to their customers. It’s also upsetting that animal testing still takes place because testing cosmetics on animal is just so cruel and not even needed. The companies that still engage in animal testing use outdated arguments to justify this practice. They say things like it's necessary and unavoidable for our own safety, but this is just simply not true. Thousands of animals are subjected to cruelty from product testing each year just so companies can make improved claims, use new ingredients or sell in countries where animal testing is required. The sad thing is that these animal tests are just not needed because we already have thousands of known beauty ingredients that offer excellent results, and further to this cosmetics can be tested without using animals at all. The new modern laboratory cosmetic tests are actually shown to be more predictive than outdated cruel animal testing.
Many countries have already banned animal testing for cosmetics including the whole of the European Union with similar bans in development across the globe, so things are improving. It makes us all angry and sad that animals could be used and harmed to develop beauty products. But we can stop this by actively ensuring that we only purchase cruelty free products; this will send a clear message that products which are not cruelty free are not required anymore. A drop in sales of these products will mean that companies have to rethink their work and end this awful practice.
How to Shop Cruelty Free?
The easiest way to shop for cruelty free beauty products is to check that every product you purchase is registered with one of the cruelty free companies. Of the companies listed below the Leaping Bunny Scheme (which Nakin use) is thought to be the strictest as they require that beauty companies have a system in place to check that ingredients are cruelty free. The cruelty free organisations that endorse products include the below:
- Cruelty Free International, also known as The Leaping Bunny Programme
- PETA which is the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
- Nature Watch, which produce the lovely Compassionate Shopping Guide
When looking for a beauty product you should be able to see a logo for the cruelty free endorser on the product or outer box. It’s a good idea to check every product individually, as some companies may have some cruelty free and some non-cruelty free products. Every product in Nakin’s skincare range is cruelty free. We are registered with the Cruelty Free International Leaping Bunny Programme and you can read more about our cruelty free range here. This means that Nakin have procedures and policies in place to enable and verify our cruelty-free claims, to show that they are not tested on animals. Nakin’s skincare products are also in the Naturewatch Compassionate Shopping Guide. Here is a list of our cruelty free skincare products and how to use them in your facial routine. Nakin’s range is made with the best natural active plant ingredients available for skin ageing prevention and repair. The range is also kind to even sensitive skin due to the gentle nourishing formulations.
- Begin with our Cruelty Free Cleansing Milk to remove make-up and debris without stripping skin. The cleansing milk is really comforting to skin and leaves it soft and fresh.
- Double cleanse with our Cruelty Free Face Toner to clear the last traces of cleanser, purify skin & prepare it for creams & treatments applied afterwards. Skin will be clear and conditioned.
- Apply our Cruelty Free Eye Cream to hydrate, smooth crow’s feet and wrinkles, reduce puffing and dark circles. The eye cream has a gorgeous springy silky feel and glides on beautifully.
- Skin is then ready for our Performance Cruelty Free Face Serum to work on an uneven skin tone, line prevention and repair. Our multi-purpose serum is packed with the very best natural active skin ingredients to enhance and rejuvenate skin.
- Use our Cruelty Free Face Oil to revitalise and calm skin. The 100% natural formula is specially designed to give skin superb nourishment without clogging pores.
- After this apply our day and night cream to the face, neck and décolletage for the ultimate in nutrients, hydration and protection. Please note that they do not contain SPF as Nakin believe in applying sun protection only when going outside, otherwise it is not necessary. Take time with this process to ensure that no small areas of the face are missed, such as close to the ears and above the lips. Use our Matt Cruelty Free Face Cream to deliver hydration, nutrition and protection for oilier and sensitive skin types; or our Dew Cruelty Free Face Cream for normal, dry & sensitive skin.
- The last step is to use our Cruelty Free Lip Balm for long lasting care and hydration to even very dry lips. Please note that our 100% natural lip balm does contain Beeswax, so is not a vegan product. It contains the best plant butters and oils for outstanding softness, hydration and protection.
To find out more about Nakin and our natural anti-ageing cruelty free skincare range then please visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin are proud to be a cruelty free company and our full ethical skincare collection is made in England using plant ingredients from only the best sustainable kind companies. Our full range is registered with Cruelty Free International and each skin product carries the Leaping Bunny Logo.