For most women, the biggest change that we will ever have for our skin is when we go through the menopause. It is a time when our skin becomes noticeably drier and can look lacklustre and lose its plumpness, plus it can lead to discomfort, irritation, and sensitivity.
There are a few reasons why skin may become dry during perimenopause and menopause. Changing hormone levels can cause the skin to produce less oil, leading to dryness. Additionally, declining oestrogen levels can reduce the skin's ability to retain moisture. This can make the skin more susceptible to environmental factors like cold weather and wind, which can further contribute to dryness.
As we age, our skin produces less and less oil and during the menopause this is increased. This can cause all sorts of problems, from dryness and wrinkles to a dull complexion. One product that we recommend for instant comfort, nourishment and hydration is a face oil like our Nakin Revitalising Face Oil. It is a beautiful oil that is filled with some of the best plant extracts to deliver intense nutrition, moisture and calm to the face and neck. Even after the first application skin is transformed to look more healthy, plump and glowy.
Face oils are really beneficial for menopausal skin because they can help to replenish the natural oils in your skin, giving you back that healthy glow. A good one like ours with the right ingredients can even help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, which are often much more noticeable during menopause as collagen levels decline. So, if you are looking for a way to boost your menopausal skin, a face oil is definitely worth a try.
Here are just a few of the benefits of our natural anti-ageing face oil.
- It contains argan oil, which is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids, making it perfect for menopausal skin. It helps to hydrate and nourish your skin, while also reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- The formula also has baobab oil which is great for menopausal skin. It is rich in vitamins and antioxidants, which help to protect your skin from damage. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce redness and irritation.
- It also contains jojoba oil which we use as it is very similar to the natural oils produced by our skin. This makes it an excellent choice for menopausal skin, as it helps to balance oil production and prevent dryness.
- The sweet almond oil is packed with antioxidants and fatty acids, which help to nourish and protect skin. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce redness and irritation.
- It has peach kernel oil in the formula which is another great one for menopausal skin. It is rich in vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats, all of which are great for you and help to plump and nurture.
Face oils are a wonderful way to improve the health of your menopausal skin. So, if you are looking for a natural, effective way to achieve glowing, youthful skin, give our face oil a try.
As well as using good natural face products during the menopause, there are other things that we can do to help keep moisture in our skin. To help combat dry skin during perimenopause and menopause, it is important to keep the skin hydrated from both the inside and outside. Drinking plenty of water and using hydrating cleansers and moisturisers help to keep the skin happy with balanced moisture levels.
For more about the Nakin Natural Anti-Ageing range, plus our tips and advice on having good skin visit us online.