If you have been following Nakin for a while, then you will know that we love plants found in nature which have tonnes of benefits for our skin. That is why we make amazing natural skincare using the best plant actives, with many anti-ageing benefits for skin. Our anti-ageing skincare contains many special plant ingredients like seaweed, hibiscus, pomegranate and green tea. But we also use some more common plant ingredients, that have magical properties to beautify skin. One of these is aloe vera, which is one of the greatest natural medicines around. Aloe vera is a common plant nowadays, and many of us even have one in our home. Applying aloe vera to our skin is exceptionally good for it and can help with all sorts of conditions, as well as enhancing every skin type. Let us take a look at the nutrients and medicinal properties of aloe vera, to see why it is so good for skin.
Aloe vera naturally contains many nutrients. The National Centre for Biotechnology Information published a review of aloe vera from the Indian Journal of Dermatology. They reported that the nutrients in aloe vera include a huge amount of naturally found active components, including the below.
- Vitamins A, C and E, which are amazing antioxidants for skin, as well as vitamin B12, folic acid and choline.
- Enzymes that help to reduce excessive inflammation when applied to the skin topically.
- The minerals calcium, chromium, copper, selenium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium and zinc.
- Naturally occurring antibacterial phenolic compounds.
- Fatty acids which are calming and anti-inflammatory to skin.
- Salicylic acid which occurs naturally in aloe vera and is cleansing, plus helps with skin pigmentation issues.
This huge amount of nutrients is good for skin in many ways, and aloe vera benefits skin with the below list of enhancing properties.
- Aloe vera has a positive effect on your whole body with a nutrient boost and by improving digestion. This type of cleansing and conditioning also means that skin will look its best, as it always does when the body functions well.
- It is wonderfully hydrating to skin, so makes a great moisturiser.
- It is great for oily skin and is not greasy, or pore clogging.
- It is soothing and kind to skin, so helps with any irritation and redness.
- Applying aloe vera to skin improves the skins natural collagen production, from its cell boosting ability.
- It is very kind and conditioning to skin, and helps to heal skin conditions.
- The runny consistency means that it is able to reach skin cells quickly and easily.
- With so many nutrients, it is an excellent anti-ager and helps to regenerate skin.
- Aloe vera has the ability to cleanse skin naturally, with its mild astringent ability.
We hope that you found our feature helpful, advising on the many benefits of aloe vera for skin. This is why we use it in the base of so many of our skin care products. Aloe vera is just one of masses of plant actives that we use, to make the best skincare products possible. Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age, using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK.