If you have sensitive skin, it can be really hard to know what products to use that will work to calm sensitivity and help skin to thrive at the same time. Skincare in the modern day is complicated but there are two simple rules to follow to ensure that you are using the right products for your sensitive skin.
The first is to use kind plant-based skincare like our Nakin Natural Skincare Range which is filled with skin nourishing and repairing botanical extracts. The second is to ensure that the products you use are free from harsh ingredients that can cause or increase the sensitivity of skin. This includes ingredients like sodium lauryl sulphate, parabens, artificial fragrance, glycolic acid, retinol and vitamin C. We also recommend staying away from mineral oils and paraffin products. Surprisingly, these products are often recommended for people with sensitive skin. However, they only function as a skin barrier and provide no goodness to skin, in fact they can clog and block pores. There are so many better plant oils and butters that do a far better job of healing and protecting skin than mineral oil and paraffin creams, such as shea butter and jojoba oil.
The list of ingredients to avoid if you have sensitive skin is endless. There is no need to be confused though as if you use the best skincare ranges like ours at Nakin’s we will not use these types of ingredients, as instead we prefer a more holistic kind natural approach to beauty. Plant beauty has evolved so much in the last decade that it rivals conventional chemical skincare in terms of both performance and enjoyment.
At Nakin you can trust that the ingredients we use in our formulations are super kind to skin to help it look and feel its best, even for overly sensitive skin. Plus, as we use modern plant actives such as hyaluronic acid and squalene there is no compromise on performance. The actives we use help to shield skin against signs of ageing and rejuvenate and repair it at a deep level. Find out more about our products below. There is also lots more information available on our website along with hundreds of customer reviews, many from those with sensitive skin that wanted to share their positive experience of using Nakin.
- Finding a good face cleanser for sensitive skin can be tricky as many of them contain strong ingredients that can strip skin and irritate the barrier. At Nakin we have our gentle Natural Cleansing Milk that clears, nourishes and comforts skin.
- Using a toner can also be an unpleasant experience for those with sensitive skin and this is why our Natural Toner does the job beautifully but using kind conditioning toning ingredients.
- Sensitive skin is often in need of care and repair and our Natural Serum works on all round skin improvement of the face and neck area. This is kind and anti-ageing at the same time.
- Then apply our luxurious Natural Face Oil to boost and calm sensitive skin, by soaking into the skin cells to soften and heal deep down.
- Never forget the skin around the eyes which are easily irritated due to the lack of oil glands in this area. Treat the skin around eyes with our kind but high performing Natural Eye Cream to hydrate and revive.
- Next is time for the moisturisers which are essential for those with sensitive skin as they nourish and hydrate, but also protect the barrier from further stress. We have the Natural Dew Cream for drier skin and the Natural Matt Cream for oilier types. Both are suitable for combination, normal and sensitive skin types.
- Many of us with sensitive skin also have sensitive dry lips. Our Natural Lip Balm is 100% kind goodness for lips and quickly soothes them back to health.
That brings us to the end of our article about the best products to use if you have sensitive skin. It is a combination of applying good ingredients and not applying irritating ones. Most natural skincare like Nakin’s will follow these principles in products. To find out more about Nakin and our award-winning skincare for sensitive skin take a look at the links below.