What Is Clean Skincare?
The clean skincare category has grown enormously in the last couple of decades, and it is easy to see why. At Nakin as clean skincare advocates this is something that we love. This is because we believe that natural ingredients are kinder and more enhancing to skin than synthetic cosmetic ingredients.
Clean beauty is synonymous with natural skin care, but one of the problems is that it is quite a vague concept that lots of people are puzzled by. We all know that clean means something to do with natural and nontoxic beauty. The term has been propelled in recent years thanks to mega stars like Gwyneth Paltrow and Jessica Alba, who are both advocates of clean skincare and have spread the message to millions, and continue to do so. There is also lots of organisations that champion clean skincare, such as the Environmental Working Group and the Soil Association, both have commercial interests though when it comes to promoting products. Unfortunately, there is not a universally accepted legal term to define clean skincare. However, at Nakin we have our own set of standards for our clean skincare range. Our definition of clean beauty is listed below.
- Skincare with as natural formulation as possible.
- Products that are made for sensitive skin.
- Products decanted in eco-friendly packaging.
- Sustainably sourced ingredients.
- Made with the least amount of synthetic content possible.
- Where required they are made with the kindest preservatives possible.
- Products that are free from parabens, propylene glycol, synthetic microbeads, artificial fragrance and colour, petrolatum, sulphates, silicones, retinol, synthetic vitamins, PEG's, urea, DEA, TEA, sunscreens, alpha and beta hydroxy acids and aluminium. This is a very small list of some of the key well known chemical skincare ingredients that we avoid. However, there are actually hundreds more.
- Always cruelty free.
- Always made locally in the UK.
We hope that you will join us with our love affair for all things natural. Our clean skin care is underpinned by lots of research into the use of synthetic ingredients in skincare, which tend to be more harsher and pore clogging, plus have also been linked to health concerns like endocrine disruption.
At Nakin we have a full clean skincare collection, with everything needed for a face routine. This includes cleansers, treatments, moisturisers, eye creams and a lip balm. When you purchase Nakin products you can be sure that they are as natural as possible and are designed to offer skin the best plant-based ingredients for fresh healthy skin. All of our clean skincare is made locally in the UK and is cruelty free, plus registered with the Leaping Bunny scheme. To find out more about Nakin and our award-wining face products visit the links below. We are dedicated to producing the best anti-ageing skincare products possible and hope that you love our products as much as we do.
- Find out more about our clean skincare face cleansers
- Find out more about our clean skincare moisturisers
- Find out more about our clean skincare eye cream
- Find out more about our clean skincare lip balm
Leave a comment