At Nakin we hear a lot from customers that there are so many cosmetic products and lip balms out there, that it’s really hard to choose one. So, look no further as we have compiled a list of the best lip balms for you. Hopefully this will prevent us from wasting money on poor performing lip products again. We should say that we have very strict criteria and have only included completely natural products that contain high quality lip loving ingredients in this best lip balms feature. There is absolutely no need to have anything apart from 100% natural goodness in a lip balm. This is because balms do not contain water, so they can be made with only gorgeous natural ingredients. At Nakin we produce award winning Natural Face Products, so we are well equipped to know what makes a good lip balm. As well as the ingredients being amazing for lips, the best lip balms are long-lasting and make even the most chapped lips flourish.
- Nakin Lip Treatment Balm £10. The Nakin Lip Treatment Balm has been formulated to be the ultimate in natural lip care. It ticks all the boxes of being anti-ageing, comforting to lips plus long-lasting and great for even very dry chapped lips. Its power comes from the special blend of lip enhancing plant butters and oils that infuse lips with antioxidants, omega oils, vitamins and minerals. These plant healing nutrients hydrate lips with moisture, heal damage and plump lips with nourishment. The Nakin lip balm comes in a jar and does not leave a shiny finish, instead it gives lips a nice healthy sheen and glow. Shop for this stunning lip balm here. Other benefits include being cruelty free and made in the UK.
- Ere Perez Papaya SOS Marmalade £25. Although it is quite pricey this Australian brand offer a nice lip balm with high quality ingredients. It’s like a marmalade of lots of natural ingredients including mango and grapefruit and is rich in zinc, magnesium & potassium.
- De Mamiel Rosey Lip Balm £16. It would be hard to do a top ten list of the best lip balms without one that is rose based. Rose is a classic ingredient used for centuries in toiletries. This brand also uses the influences of Chinese medicine and life-giving energy. This lip balm comes in a jar and smells of roses as you would expect, they say that it gives lips a rosey glow, it does gives lips a nice sheen but it is not a tinted lip balm.
- Hurraw Coconut Lip Balm £5. We included this lip balm as it is a popular everyday lip balm at an affordable price and it has good testimonials. It comes in a pop-up dispenser like a lipstick, so always remember that these generally contain not more than 5 ml of product, whereas pots which tend to be more expensive often contain much more product. To explain this further if we look at our 100% Natural Nakin Lip Treatment Balm which is £10 for 15ml. Although it seems to cost more, if we look at the Hurraw one which is known as one of the most affordable lip balms available, it is actually only 4.3 grams for £5, which is under 5ml. Therefore, our Nakin Lip Treatment Balm is far better value for money, when you look at the price per ml. They are both cruelty free and we believe that Nakin's lip product also has better performing plant actives.
- Kahina Giving Beauty Lip & Face Balm £35. We included this lip balm as it can also be used on the face. It is handy to carry round with you when you are out and about if you have dry patches on your face that might benefit from an intense fatty balm. Customer reviews so say that it is quite light in consistency which means that it may not be the best for really dry lips. This balm does contain coconut oil, so it also might not be suitable for oilier skin types.
- Nouri Lip Treat £19. This lip product comes in a tube, which we know that is preferred by some as you get more product than the push up dispensers. We also like this brand as they say that the products are freshly blended in small batches every 12 weeks. This lip treat product softens and seals in moisture and is also available in tinted versions, although they are more expensive.
- Akane Rosy Lips & Cheeks Balm £13. This lip balm can be used on the cheeks as well as the lips, and it gives a delicate hue to them. Perfect if you like a really natural dewy look, and just a splash of colour. It contains sesame oil and organic beeswax for a creamy texture that also protects lips, while the polyphenols found in apple extract and wild rose oil regenerate and protect.
- Henne Organics Lip Mask £30. This is an interesting product as it is actually a lip mask. We are used to hearing about face masks as part of our beauty regimes, but a lip mask is not so common. So, it is not a product that you would use regularly throughout the day. Instead you apply a thick layer of the mask onto your lips and leave it there for 15 to 30 minutes depending on how much conditioning your lips need, and how much time you have. After this time the lip mask is removed by gently wiping it off with a tissue.
- Antipodes Saviour Skin Balm £15. This balm can also be used on the skin as well as the lips and includes carrot, pea and calendula as well as the antibacterial, anti-fungal and antimicrobial healing properties of tea tree oil and totara. So, it’s good for lips that might have cuts in.
- Detox Mode Here & There Balm £30. As well as being a lip balm this product has a multi-purpose ability to even help with insect bites, because it is made from ingredients like hemp and nettle. It has a herbal aroma and the directions advise to warm a small amount between the palms and massage it anywhere that will benefit. This can include lips, nails, elbows, feet, dry patches and insect bites.
We hope that you found our list of the top ten best lip balms helpful. Here’s a link again to our No.1 Best Lip Balm entry which is due to it providing 100% natural lip enhancing goodness for lips and offering long-lasting nourishment. To find out more about Nakin and our natural anti-ageing face care visit us at www.nakinskincare.com The full range is can be found here and is suitable for sensitive skin, as well as being cruelty free and made in the UK.