Winter skincare products do not always need to be different to your usual skincare products. They just need to be good enough to nourish and protect skin in the colder months. The best skincare products like those in Nakin’s range work hard all year round to hydrate, nourish and protect skin. Every season can affect skin, but especially mid-summer and mid-winter. The issues for skin in winter arise mostly from the cold weather, which can put stress onto skin, and be dehydrating. We cover up our bodies during winter, but our face is on show most of the time, so it will really benefit from being nourished with amazing natural skincare products.
The winter months will always be a challenge for having great glowing skin. In summer it can be hot, and skin is more liable to looking oily and being subject to grime as we spend a lot of time outdoors. However, in winter our skin can be stressed from the cold outside, and this can irritate skin and dry it out. We also tend to be less active and consume more sugar, and an unhealthy lifestyle really affects skin. The Aesthetics Journal explain the issues that skin has to face in winter, with three main elements.
- The cold air tightens the skin's pores and reduces blood circulation.
- This cold air reduces the naturally occurring oil known as sebum, which acts as a protective layer and traps moisture next to the skin.
- There is also lower humidity in the air during winter, the ongoing effect of this is that skin starts to dry out.
The key element that face products need to deliver in winter is excellent hydration and nourishment. By hydration we are not talking about overly oily, rich or greasy products. The best skincare products like Nakin’s will deliver long lasting hydration deep down into skin, reaching both the epidermis and dermis layers. But without being too rich and clogging. This is where the newer skin cells are, and it results in hydrated, plump and comforted skin. The other important aspect is to apply the products properly to the face and neck. This means cleansing, treating and moisturising every morning and night, plus taking time to stimulate the skin at the same time, which naturally happens when enough time is given to applying skincare products. Nakin’s range of award-winning natural skincare offers everything that your skin needs all year round. The products are extremely high quality, and so the plant hydrators like hyaluronic acid and actives like seaweed extract boost and protect skin, even in very cold weather. The products in the range are listed below.
- The Advanced Cleansing Milk is one of the best facial cleansers around to remove make-up and daily dirt morning and evening, while being kind and without stripping skin. It contains skin improving seaweed, aloe and hyaluronic acid to cleanse and condition. The face and neck are left clean, comforted, and silky smooth, which is lovely for skin, especially in winter. For all skin types including sensitive complexions.
- Follow the milk with the Purifying Face Toner which is amazing at removing the last traces of cleanser, reviving and detoxing skin. Our skin builds up a lot of dirt and grime during the day and night, so good cleansing is essential for a fresh smooth complexion. Super clean skin also means that the treatments and moisturisers applied afterwards can work better, as they do not have a barrier of grime getting in their way. This stunning toner is for all skin types including sensitive complexions.
- For the ultimate in skin ageing prevention and recovery our Performance Face Serum is brilliant. We believe it is one of the best serums around with its multipurpose ability to help with lines, UV damage and an uneven skin tone. It also hydrates at a deep level and is for all skin types including sensitive complexions.
- To give skin a real treat then our Revitalising Face Oil is perfect. It is brilliant for calming, conditioning, and energising skin with the best plant oils. When the face oil is being applied it is a good time to give your face and neck a massage. In winter, the blood circulation in skin reduces, and so a facial massage helps to combat this.
- Our special Eye Cream Complex is a cult product for skin around the eyes for a very good reason. The unique advanced actives deliver silky soft hydration and combats dark circles, wrinkles and puffing. Our eyes are always on show in winter, even if we are covering up with hats and gloves. So, helping to keep them hydrated, nourished and protected is essential.
- Using a good face cream moisturiser is very important in winter and we suggest never going out the house without one on. Our Matt Formula Face Cream is the best moisturiser for oily, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It provides long lasting smooth hydration without greasiness. Even in winter some of us will still have oily skin. It will be drier than in the summer months, but can still be greasy and prone to breakouts.
- For drier skin types the Active Dew Face Cream is amazing for dry, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It gives a dewier finish with a long-lasting formula, but is never greasy. Skin is beautifully hydrated, nourished and protected and ready to face even the coldest weather.
- During winter, our lips tend to dry out much more than normal. The Lip Treatment Balm is one of the best products available to soften, hydrate and comfort even dry lips, with a special blend of hydrating and nourishing plant oils and butters.
We hope that you found our feature helpful about the best skincare products to use during the winter months. Good skincare is vital all year round and keeps skin hydrated plus protected with skin loving ingredients. When it comes to skincare, there are many things involved in choosing the right product, and personal preference will also play a part. However, we always recommend using natural skincare products that are full of goodness. The important thing is to also always use the best skincare products.
Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award-winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK. If you would like to get in touch with Nakin then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to hear your thoughts and are also available to offer skincare and product advice.