If you have sensitive skin, then you will know how important it is to find the right facial cleansing products. Using cleansers and face products that do not work for sensitive skin can cause irritation and throw skin out of balance. So, we have compiled a list of some of our favourite cleansers for sensitive skin from the best skincare brands. This is just a guide as everyone’s skin is vastly different and sometimes irritation can be caused by an allergy to an ingredient, or a medical condition. Therefore, it is always best to seek medical advice on concerning skin issues. Sensitive skin is very common and many of us will fall into the category of just having sensitive skin that needs some extra care and attention, if this sounds familiar then read on.
Our main advice for effective sensitive skin cleansing is to keep it simple. We also tend to prefer cleansing milks to face washes, as the lotion formula allows for the inclusion of calming ingredients like plant oils. Face washes can be quite stripping to skin as foaming agents are usually more irritating. Harsh cleansers can leave skin squeaky clean and make it feel like it is what skin needs - but can actually cause skin to react as it works to bring harmony back. Face washes can strip skin of its natural protective oils and this change to the balance disrupts its usual functioning; therefore, skin may react by becoming more irritated and sensitive.
As a general rule it is often the harsh synthetic face cleansing ingredients like sodium laurel sulphate that need to be avoided, however, it is not just the actual cleansing ingredients that can cause irritation. Conventional skincare may also contain a whole host of potential skin irritating ingredients like artificial fragrance and parabens. This is why natural skincare is usually much kinder to sensitive skin. Using natural skin cleansers for sensitive skin does not mean compromising on the quality of products. Face care like Nakin’s Anti-Ageing Skincare uses powerful plant extracts that help to keep skin fresh and smooth, but without irritation to sensitive skin. We must note though that even some natural ingredients can be harsh and irritating to skin, such as essential oils. Essential oils are often added to natural products to make them smell nice, or for their therapeutic properties. But they can be irritating to skin if used in large amounts. There are many irritating essential oils including those commonly used in cosmetic ingredients such as geranium, lemongrass and neroli. If you have sensitive skin, then use a range like Nakin’s Face Products that have a very mild scent from a delicate blend of natural essential oils.
- Nakin Natural Cleansing Milk £15 The number one best cleanser for sensitive skin we believe is our award-winning Nakin Natural Advanced Cleansing Milk which has amazing customer reviews. It is a silky soft kind cleansing milk that clears skin, while also working with the natural biology of the skin to help it function and thrive. It gets its cleansing and conditioning power from the special blend of plant actives including hyaluronic acid, pomegranate, seaweed and plant oils. Use it morning and evening with a massaging action that helps to dislodge dirt from pores, then remove with cotton wool or in the shower. This cleansing milk works for all skin types and is kind to sensitive skin, plus is also able to exfoliate skin when removed with a muslin cloth.
- Nakin Natural Purifying Face Toner £15 The second on our list of top cleansers for sensitive skin is the top reviewed Nakin’s Purifying Face Toner, which customers love. Sensitive skin needs deep effective cleansing like every other skin type, and this is where problems can arise. This is because some skincare contains harsh ingredients to clean skin, which might on the face of it seem like they keep skin super clean, but they can actually strip skin and cause irritation. This gentle but effective toner uses seaweed, aloe, witch hazel and hyaluronic acid to detox skin while comforting it at the same time. Use the toner after cleansing with a milk, to remove the last traces of cleanser with a double cleanse skin detox at the same time.
- Osea Ocean Cleansing Milk £45 We were drawn to this cleansing milk from the name, as we know the ocean contains the solution to many skincare issues. This product is described as an ultra-gentle cleanser that is even suitable for those with rosacea, with its ability to soothe inflammation and redness fast and hydrate skin from the DPHP amino acid compound.
- Nouri Protect + Cleansing Milk £35 This is another cleansing milk option made with shea butter and a formula to help to protect against environmental stress, collagen breakdown and inflammation. It contains aloe vera and chamomile flower, which help skin with any redness and irritation. The plant oils that it contains also help with dry dehydrated skin.
- Odacite Green Ceremony Cleanser £50 This is an interesting cleanser that we have included as an exfoliator alternative and it comes with a muslin cloth. It has very good reviews and especially from those with acne prone skin. So, if you have oily and sensitive skin that is prone to break outs then this might work for you. Most face exfoliators such as those with grains or AHA’s are a no go for sensitive skin. This one is in a powder form that then foams when mixed with water. It contains two amazing superfoods -matcha and spirulina to offer excellent antioxidants, while still calming skin.
We hope that you found this article about the best face cleansers for sensitive skin useful. Nakin’s products are all kind to sensitive skin and the full range can be found here. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning natural anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com All Nakin products are a special cocktail blend of the best skin loving plant actives, so they all work on a multitude of skin requirements. The silky textures and delicate natural aromas are kind to even very sensitive skin and are now the cult favourites of many. Using the full range will help your skin to be brighter, clearer, plump and glowing. They are also affordable to all, cruelty free and made in the UK.