We love plant oils and sweet almond is a particularly special one for skin. This is why it is used a lot in natural skincare products, as it is so nutrient rich. It is a yellow oil with a light consistency, and is used in face and body products, as well as in massage carrier oils, or to be applied directly onto the body.
As it is from the almond nut ,then those with nut allergies must beware and check cosmetic product ingredients listings carefully before using any product that contains sweet almond oil. For most though this is a great oil to use on the face and body. Here is a list of the main benefits of applying sweet almond oil to skin.
- Sweet almond oil is high in monosaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats; especially linoleic, oleic fatty acids, stearic acid and palmitic acid. This is good for skin because they make it soft and supple, by conditioning the skins natural barrier.
- It is high in B vitamins, vitamin A, C and E, which are all long known to help improve skin from their antioxidant abilities. It even helps to restore skin and assists in diminishing scars. This is one of the reasons that we use it in our anti-ageing Revitalising Face Oil which is a 100% natural face oil for the face and neck, to help condition and renew skin.
- Sweet almond oil is naturally rich in minerals like potassium, phosphorous and calcium, which help to strengthen the cell membranes of skin.
- Sweet almond oil has a comedogenic rating of 2, so it will not clog pores and works even with oilier skin types.
- It is great at cleansing skin, because it works to dislodge dirt and even helps to remove make-up.
- It is hydrating and calming, so is perfect to use on dry and sensitive skin types.
- Sweet almond oil soaks into skin beautifully and is not greasy, so it is the perfect way to provide long lasting hydration and conditioning to skin.
- This oil gives relief to irritated skin and conditions like eczema and psoriasis. For these conditions apply sweet almond oil neat and directly onto skin.
- Sweet almond oil is very easy to purchase in most health stores. It is also a common oil, so is really affordable. If you are buying pure sweet almond oil, then organic and cold pressed versions will be best.
We hope that you found our feature useful about the benefits of sweet almond oil for skin. You can see why sweet almond oil is so kind and nourishing to skin, and used in the best skincare products.
Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK.