Of all the plant oils out there, jojoba oil really is a special one. Jojoba oil is packed full of vitamins and minerals like many other natural oils, but it also has some extra special offerings. It is similar to the sebum in our own skin, which makes it able to work with skin like no other oil can. Jojoba also has an extraordinary property in that it is like a liquid wax. This special ability of jojoba oil means that it is able to protect skin like no other plant oil is able to. It is made from the seeds of the Jojoba plant, and although it is easy to get hold of, it is an essential in skincare products like face creams and oils. Read on to find out more about this, and the many benefits that jojoba oil has for skin.
- Jojoba oil has an amazing nutritional profile. It naturally contains vitamins A, B, D and E which are all hugely beneficial to keep skin in excellent health. It also contains strengthening minerals like silicon, chromium, copper & zinc. Jojoba oil is high in iodine, which helps to fight infection. It contains skin calming myristic and eicosenoic acid, and as with many plant oils it is rich in omega 6 and 9 fatty acids.
- It is extremely anti-inflammatory, calming and healing to skin. So much so that you can even use it on quite irritated and eczema prone skin. As with all conditions, check with a medical professional before use, and always carry out a patch test.
- This oil is incredibly anti-ageing due to its antioxidant power, hydrating and protecting abilities, which is why we use it in Nakin’s Anti-Ageing Skincare. The liquid wax makes it unbeatable as an oil protectant for skin.
- All skin types will benefit from jojoba oil, and it is very balancing to skin. So normal, oily, dry, combination, sensitive, young and mature skins will find it advantageous.
- It has a comedogenic value of 2, so will not clog pores and can be used on skin that is acne prone, and sinks in easily to skin.
- Jojoba oil glides on skin like silk, to leave it feeling soft and supple. Of all the plant oils jojoba oil most closely resembles our own skin sebum, which is why it works so well on skin.
- Jojoba oil has multiple uses. It is used within natural skincare products like Nakin’s, but can also be used as a carrier oil for body massages.
- Jojoba oil is completely natural and vegan.
Jojoba oil appears in some of our Nakin range which we believe offers the best skincare products available. It is just one of many plant ingredients that we use, to help skin look as good as it can naturally. We include jojoba oil in our Anti-Ageing Matt Formula Face Cream for oily, normal, sensitive and combination skin, and our Anti-Ageing Active Dew Face Cream for dry, normal, sensitive and combination skin. This gives our face creams the ability to soothe skin and also provide an invisible layer of skin protection to the face and neck. This protection helps to prevent moisture loss and shield skin from pollution, heating systems and cold weather. The jojoba combines with the other actives contained in the moisturisers, to give skin superb hydration and nourishment. It also appears in our amazing anti-ageing face oil. The jojoba is just one of many oils in this bottle of goodness. It helps to calm and nourish plus leave skin silky soft.
As you can see, the list of benefits that jojoba oil has for skin is endless. It is such a lovely oil and that is why we use it so much in our face products. Although jojoba oil is an excellent therapeutic oil for skin, it should not be ingested at all, or used as a cooking oil. It is also worth mentioning that jojoba oil differs from aromatherapy oils like rose. Jojoba oil is a vegetable oil and can be applied neat to skin. However, essential oils like rose and ylang ylang are highly concentrated extracts and should not be used neat on the skin. Although they do have many beauty benefits, they would need to be diluted with a vegetable carrier oil, such as the lovely jojoba. Please also note that we have suggested using jojoba oil directly on irritated and eczema prone skin. However, this does not replace professional medical advice, as everyone’s skin is so unique.
We hope that this article about the benefits of jojoba oil has been helpful and interesting. To find out more about Nakin and our award-winning face products then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com