Of all the face products that we use face toner is one of the most misunderstood and forgotten about products. This is a real shame as face toners have so many benefits for skin. Here at Nakin we love them which is why we developed an amazing natural face toner as part of our face care collection. Face toners help to improve skin in so many ways, read on to find out how.
- Our favourite thing about face toners is their ability to clear pores deeply to remove deep down impurities, but without stripping skin. Toners perfectly complete the cleansing process and we recommend using one after our natural cleansing milk. It is not because the cleansing milk is not effective enough on its own, but skin benefits from the double cleanse of a face toner. As a face toner is a watery consistency when it is wiped over the face and neck it can cleanse the pores far more deeply than a face wash or cleansing milk can by itself. Any cleanser used on its own that clears skin perfectly deep down would need to contain some serious cleansing agents in it, and we would expect that to have negative irritating effects on the skin. This is one of the reasons we always recommend a cleanser and toner duo over a micellar water, as the later contain strong detergents which should not be left on skin in the way that they are.
- Good toners that are made with skin enhancing actives and extracts will enhance our complexions by conditioning skin cells. Our Nakin Toner is filled with some of the best plant cleansing and conditioning ingredients like witch hazel, seaweed and hyaluronic acid.
- Toners can also close pores to reduce the penetration of impurities and environmental contaminants into the skin, and they provide skin with a fresh clear base ready for other actives to be applied. This means that when we apply face serums and oils afterwards, they can better work their magic by reaching skin cells more easily.
- Many people that have not used a good face toner before find that when they do, they have drastic changes to their skin in terms of it being clear and glowing. Our only recommendation for a face toner is that it needs to be super kind to skin like our Nakin Face Toner. This is because face toners are not washed off and so the ingredients will sit on the face for the entire day and night. Therefore, they need to be ones that contain effective plant ingredients, as those with strong synthetic cleansing agents will probably cause some irritation to skin over time, especially for those with sensitive skin.
- We sometimes hear from influencers that toners are not required for skin, usually because it is suggested that skin does not need the hydration required from a face toner, as this is gained from a serum, oil and moisturiser. However, toners give so much more to the skin than hydration. Good face toners like ours will hydrate skin, but this is an added bonus of the toner and not the main aim and benefit to skin.
- If you have not used a toner before or are looking for a great one, then why not try our Nakin Purifying Face Toner which is also age defying for skin from the special botanicals that it includes.
We hope that you found our feature useful about the benefits of face toners. The toner category in skincare is probably one of the most confusing and there are lots of different opinions. As with most things there are no definite rules, and the main thing is to enjoy our face care routine and be happy with the results we are seeing. Nakin believe in achieving great skin naturally and have everything needed for a complete face care routine. Find out more about our products below.