Baobab oil is a fairly unknown plant oil, which is strange as it is absolutely amazing for skin. It has so many hydrating, nourishing and conditioning benefits for skin, and this is why we use it so much in our natural skincare. It is also incredibly anti-ageing to skin and so helps us to formulate the best anti-ageing skincare products.
Baobab oil comes from the baobab tree which is native to Africa. This means that it is able to grow and prosper in extremely hot and dry conditions. This special plant is actually known as the Tree of Life, due to the way it stores water from the rainy season. It can even live up to 5,000 years, proving how strong and powerful it is. The seeds of the baobab tree are extremely nutrient rich, and so is the oil that is extracted from it. So, there is no wonder that is has such fantastic qualities. Here is a list of the benefits of baobab oil to skin which include hydrating, conditioning and all-round anti-ageing properties.
- Baobab oil is hydrating, softening and plumping to skin. One of the reasons is due to the naturally high occurrence of omega 3, 6 and 9 oils. These condition and hydrate skin cells deep down, plus preserve and enhance cell membranes.
- It is incredibly conditioning and regenerating for skin. This is due to the naturally occurring vitamins contained within the oil like vitamin A, B, C, D, E and K.
- We love the anti-ageing benefits of baobab oil. It even helps with skin elasticity; as it naturally contains special nutrients like oleic, palmitic and dihydrosterulic acid.
- Baobab oil is gorgeous for all skin. There is no need to worry about using baobab oil on oily skin types. It glides on skin beautifully and is not greasy or pore clogging, with a comedogenic rating of 2.
As can be seen, the benefits of baobab oil for skin are immense and this is why we use it so much in Nakin’s face products, as we aim to produce the best skincare in the UK. Take a look at our face products below that contain baobab oil. Baobab oil is of course just one ingredient out of many amazing plant actives that we use.
- Our anti-ageing Performance Face Serum £25 for 50ml naturally assists skin to look its best and is a hero in helping with lines, sun damage and an uneven skin tone.
- Our anti-ageing Revitalising Face Oil £22 for 50ml is one of the best face oils available and is packed with amazing plant oils to calm, condition and energise skin.
- The anti-ageing Eye Cream Complex £18 for 15ml gives the skin around eyes silky soft hydration and is one of the best natural eye creams to combat dark circles, wrinkles and puffing.
- Our anti-ageing Matt Formula Face Cream £20 for 50ml is an amazing moisturiser for oily, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It is also great as a foundation base and provides long lasting smooth hydration without greasiness.
- The anti-ageing Active Dew Face Cream £20 for 15ml is our bestselling product and works for dry, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It is not overly rich but provides long lasting hydration with a subtle dewy finish.
- Our anti-ageing Lip Treatment Balm £10 for 15ml is one of the best natural lip balms available as it softens, hydrates and comforts even very dry lips.
We hope that you found our feature helpful about how the many benefits that baobab has for skin, and this is why we use it so much in our face products. We absolutely love baobab oil and cannot believe it is not more widely known and honoured like other oils, such as Argan. That is not to say that a product without baobab oil in will also not be amazing. The important thing is to always use the best skincare products.
Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK. If you would like to get in touch with Nakin then please email us at email@example.com We would love to hear your thoughts and are also available to offer skincare and product advice.