At Nakin we love natural plant ingredients that are super beneficial for skin. Our natural skincare is filled with many amazing plant extracts to boost and rejuvenate skin, and one of them is green tea. Green tea contains powerful antioxidants which are incredibly anti-ageing to skin, and this is why we use it in our anti-ageing skincare. The most beneficial antioxidants in green tea are a type of polyphenol called flavonoids. The incredibly special flavonoid in green tea is a catechin, known as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). These naturally occurring nutrients mean that green tea is a wonderful ingredient for skin due to many reasons. It also contains a whole host of other amazing nutrients and this is why we use it in our anti-ageing serum and anti-ageing eye cream. Read on to find out the main benefits of applying products with green tea to your skin.
- Green tea has an amazing ability to help with sun damage to the skin. UV damage is one of the biggest causes of skin ageing, and green tea has been found to help repair that damage to skin. A study published by Hindawi in 2012 found that because green tea is an abundant source of plant polyphenols, it exhibits significant antioxidant benefits and the ability to fight skin decline.
- As many skin ageing concerns are caused by sun damage, it means that green tea is able to help improve skin on the face and neck in many different ways including brightening, lines, wrinkles and general rejuvenation. It also helps to resist the signs of ageing. This is why we use it in our award-winning Performance Face Serum.
- Green tea also naturally contains many other nutrients such vitamins B, C and E. This powerhouse of goodness helps to improve collagen production, plus the elasticity and strength of skin.
- Green tea contains caffeine and tannins, which both work to reduce puffiness and dark circles. This is why we use it in our award-winning anti-ageing eye cream.
- The special polyphenols in green tea have been found to help reduce and control sebum secretion, so green tea is able to help balance out skin and control breakouts.
- Green tea is also very kind to skin, so is beneficial for all skin types including dry, oily and sensitive skin.
We hope that you found our feature helpful about the benefits of green tea for skin. Whatever your skin concern is then green tea is most likely to help. This is because it contains the powerful antioxidant EGCG that helps with sun damage, and sun damage is one of the main causes of skin ageing. It also contains a mass of nutrients that help to improve the structure of skin, as well as balancing out oily skin types. You can of course drink green tea and this is easily available, which helps to boost skin from the inside. Applying green tea face products topically really does help improve skin. So we recommend using products with green tea in like Nakin’s Natural Anti-Ageing Skincare for an all-round beautiful complexion. Using high quality face products can really pay off and it is good to also always use the best skincare products.
Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK. If you would like to get in touch with Nakin then please email us at email@example.com We would love to hear your thoughts and are also available to offer skincare and product advice.