At Nakin we really love argan oil, as it is fantastic for skin. We love all-natural plant ingredients that are beneficial to skin, and as argan is one of the greats, we have a special fondness of it. With argan oil being an ‘oil’, it can often get overlooked as a skincare active that gets amazing results. There are lots of seemingly more exotic plant extracts used in skincare, that also have exceptional benefits for skin. However, argan oil is a great oil full of nutrients, and it also works with every skin type. It has incredibly special chemical and biological qualities. This is why we use it so many in Nakin’s Natural Skincare Products.
Argan oil is prepared from the fruit of argan trees (Argania Spinosa), and the nut from the fruit is harvested to produce the oil. Argan oil is often harvested by women using traditional methods. So, it is an ethically produced oil that contributes to communities with work programmes, and sustainable farming methods. It can be applied neat on its own, or within a skincare product. Since it became a huge beauty craze in the noughties, argan oil is now quite easy to get hold of. It can be ingested, but this feature focuses on applying argan oil topically. It has so many benefits for skin that we decided to create a list to get the points across. Have a read of our 12 benefits of applying argan oil to skin.
- Argan is an oil, but not a greasy one, which makes it perfect for using in face products. This might surprise you as we tend to think of all oils as being greasy, however argan oil is quite a dry oil and soaks beautifully into skin.
- The fine light consistency of argan oil means it can reach deep down into skin cells and be quickly absorbed, unlike some fatty oils that tend to stay on the surface of skin.
- Argan oil is full of skin loving essential fatty acids, especially oleic, linoleic and palmitic acid. This means that it provides great levels of nourishment to keep skin looking as good as it can.
- This oil is a powerful antioxidant when applied topically to skin as it contains many nutrients, including high levels of vitamin E. This means that it helps prevent oxidative stress on the skin and works to resist signs of skin ageing.
- Argan oil is great for every skin type from oily to dry, combination and mature. It is also kind to skin, so is great to use even if you have sensitive skin.
- Argan oil will calm red and irritated skin, due to the natural anti-inflammatory properties. It will also help with skin conditions like eczema and can be applied neat onto skin for best effects.
- A very helpful benefit is that argan oil helps to repair skin from sun damage, this is from the naturally occurring polyphenol content, which helps to ward off photo-aging.
- It is a great anti-ageing ingredient and helps to ease lines and wrinkles, as well as revitalising skin and helping to achieve a glowing complexion.
- Massage is great for skin as it stimulates and energises, plus argan oil is a lovely oil to use and helps fingers, hands or massage tools to glide smoothly. The nutrients in the oil also work their magic on skin.
- Argan oil is hydrating to skin because of all the omega content that it is naturally so rich in. This allows it to help with long lasting hydration and maintain moisture levels.
- Some people are not sure about using oils on their face, in case they clog pores and increase blackheads and outbreaks. There is no need to worry about this with argan oil, as it is non-comedogenic. There is a rating system for plant oils to show how pore clogging that they are, and this runs from 0-5, with 5 being the highest mark. Argan oil has the lowest possible rating of 0.
- The final benefit of argan oil is that as well as being a great beauty aid to the face, it also helps the skin on the neck. It is thought to help prevent sagging in this area as it can improve the metabolic processes of the skin.
Face Products Containing Argan Oil
As argan oil is so amazing for skin, we use it in many of our anti-ageing skincare products. The argan oil is just one of the ingredients that we use, as all Nakin products utilise many other plant extracts, to ensure that our range offers the best skincare products possible. Here are the face products in Nakin’s range that include argan oil in the formulation.
- The anti-ageing Performance Face Serum £25 for 50ml contains argan oil in the active ingredients, and is a hero in helping with lines and past skin damage.
- Our anti-ageing Revitalising Face Oil £22 for 50ml contains argan oil as part of its special blend of other amazing plant ingredients.
- For eyes our anti-ageing Eye Cream Complex £18 for 15ml is not an oily product, but it still has argan oil as part of the potent formula.
- Our anti-ageing Matt Formula Face Cream £20 for 50ml is a moisturiser for oily, normal, combination and sensitive skin and contains argan oil. Argan oil is hydrating, but not too rich for even oily skin.
- The anti-ageing Active Dew Face Cream £20 for 15ml is for dry, normal, combination and sensitive skin and also has argan oil as part of the amazing formula.
- Our anti-ageing Lip Treatment Balm £10 for 15ml has argan oil as part of the natural oil and butter blend, and it helps to provide the long lasting conditioning and hydration.
We hope that you found our feature helpful about the benefits of argan oil when applied to skin. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK.