The 5 Best Face Creams For Sensitive Skin
If you have sensitive skin, then you know how important it is to find the right face cream. Sensitive skin can face a whole host of issues if a beauty product is applied that is too harsh and irritating, which can range from a mild tingling, to redness, or something much more serious and irritating. Those of us with sensitive faces need to take lots of care in finding the right face cream, to ensure that it works in harmony with our skin, and does not cause discomfort.
Whatever face cream that you chose, we always recommend carrying out a patch test before using a new product. This involves applying a tiny amount of the cream to a small patch of the face, and checking that there is no reaction in the 24 hours after applying, such as itching, tingling or redness. If there is a reaction, however small, then clean the product off and discontinue use immediately. If you have sensitivity after using a product, then it is also worth checking if you are allergic to a particular ingredient found in face creams. Sometimes we can be allergic to even completely natural ingredients in face creams. Always seek medical advice for any skin issues, to ensure they are not something more serious. If, however your skin type is just on the sensitive side, then read on to find out the best face creams for sensitive skin.
Before we start our list, a little about our criteria for what makes a good face cream for sensitive skin. It is a combination of what it needs to contain, and also the ingredients that should not be present. Face creams for sensitive skin will contain the best natural ingredients that are kind to skin and help it flourish. This is our criteria when we formulate our natural skincare. They will not contain any of the synthetic ingredients that can be harsh to skin and are also unnecessary in skincare products. Synthetic ingredients are often used in face care as they are cheap or because they look good, smell good and feel nice on skin. This includes ingredients that everyone should avoid in skincare; like parabens, silicones, PEGs, artificial colour and fragrance. So, our list of the best face creams for sensitive skin includes nourishing natural products, that sensitive skin will love.
- Nakin Active Dew Face Cream £20 This is our number one best selling face cream and is a saviour for sensitive skin, plus made for normal to dry skin types. Sensitive skin tend to be on the dry side and this has been formulated to be super hydrating and nourishing to skin using kind plant actives, that beautify skin naturally and without irritation. Nakin’s products all help to resist the signs of ageing, but using only kind actives like hyaluronic acid, seaweed, pomegranate, plant oils and butters. This keeps skin hydrated, calm and fresh but without the use of harsh ingredients like essential oils, vitamin C and retinol. It is scented with a delicate natural essential oil blend, but it is so subtle that this will not cause any irritation to skin. This award-winning moisturiser receives outstanding reviews from customers and it works wonders at skin ageing prevention, and repair. It gets its power from the intense blend of high performing natural plant actives like hyaluronic acid, cassia, seaweed and pomegranate, all blended to perfection with the finest silky-smooth texture known to a cream. Of course, it is also fantastic value for money, cruelty free and comes in an easily recyclable jar.
- Nakin Matt Formula Face Cream £20 This cream has become a cult favourite for those with sensitive skin that is more on the oily side. As well as those that like to layer their face products, or are not keen on a dewy finish for their face. It is so good that even Kylie Minogue’s make-up artist Christian Vermaak loves to use it under foundations. There is no compromise here on being kind to sensitive skin though, as this little pot of beauty works wonders on skin by combining the benefits of hydration, nutrients and protection - from the special blend of intense natural actives and plant ingredients. It keeps sensitive skin balanced and relaxed from morning till night with the divine calming creamy formula, and very subtle scent. It is kind to skin and the environment and we believe it is the best face cream around for sensitive skin that is oily, combination and normal – plus it has outstanding reviews to support this. Natural, cruelty free and presented in an easily recyclable jar.
- Kahina Giving Beauty Face Cream £87 This face cream has a high price, but very good reviews from users. They describe it as lavish, rich, creamy and hydrating, so it might be an option if you have extremely dry sensitive skin. It contains argan oil and grape-derived resveratrol and polyphenols, with an aim to give an exceptionally soft complexion. As well as argan it contains aloe, shea, lavender and sandalwood.
- Osmia Purely Simple Face Cream £50 One of the best things for sensitive skin is to have a really simple but effective face cream. This face cream has some well-known plant oils that are beneficial to sensitive skin like aloe, apricot, jojoba and castor oil. It is also made from oils that are farmed in the wild. This face cream is especially produced for sensitive, normal and reactive skin.
- Pai Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream £50 This cream contains some well-known great ingredients for sensitive skin like chamomile, shea and rosehip oil. It gets very good reviews, but please note that it does contain some essential oils like rose geranium and basil, which may not help some sensitive skin types.
We hope that you found our feature helpful about the best face creams for sensitive skin. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK. We understand that there is a lot of consideration involved in choosing a face cream for sensitive skin, so we are always available to advise customers on the best options available. Nakin’s skincare range has been formulated to offer the best skincare products at exceptional value.
Leave a comment