There is nothing like the start of a new year to make a lifestyle assessment and start new healthy habits. The common ones are Veganuary, dry January and starting a new fitness plan. The nice thing about these commitments is that they are also great for your skin. If you are serious about having great skin, then there are some other small lifestyle changes that you can make. Your skin will love you for the extra care and your complexion will be healthy, happy and glowing. Try the steps below for soft, smooth radiant skin.
- The first on our list is the age-old advice to always take your make-up off. Leaving make-up on your skin longer than needed means that it has to contend with products that can get in the way of its normal functioning. Good cleansing also means that skin is clear plus fresh and dead skin cells are removed. Our natural anti-ageing Advanced Cleansing Milk is one of the best facial cleansers around to remove make-up and daily dirt morning and evening, while being kind and without stripping skin. Follow the milk with the natural Purifying Face Toner which is amazing at removing the last traces of cleanser, reviving and detoxing skin.
- Our next tip is to only use Cruelty Free Skincare Products so there is no need to wonder if any animals have been harmed in the production of a beauty product. Nakin’s range is completely cruelty free and all registered with the Cruelty Free International Leaping Bunny Scheme. It is also mostly vegan.
- At Nakin we love all things natural and healthy, so we always suggest only using natural skincare products. This is because real natural skincare is kind and boosting to skin. Applying skincare products filled with beautiful plant ingredients helps skin to flourish and thrive. Plant ingredients are filled with lots of gorgeous nourishment that work in harmony skin, unlike synthetic ingredients.
- One thing that your skin will thank you for is always using sunscreen on your face. The sun can be incredibly anti-ageing to skin and is known to be the main cause of premature skin ageing. Applying a high-quality sunscreen whenever you go out in the sun will protect it from the harmful UV rays.
- Another way to keep skin looking great is to treat and moisturise your skin with the best anti-ageing skincare to help resist and correct the signs of ageing such as lines, dullness and uneven skin tone. Our anti-ageing eye cream, anti-ageing face serum, anti-ageing face oil, Anti-Ageing Matt Formula Face Cream for oily, normal and combination skin, or Anti-Ageing Active Dew Face Cream for dry, normal and combination skin are all perfect for this. They are all full of amazing potent plant actives that help skin to look as good as it can naturally. Pat the face products in or massage them upwards and outwards, and do not forget the neck area. Then apply our anti-ageing lip balm to hydrate and nourish lips.
- We all know how important it is to stay hydrated and drink lots of water. So, this is just a little reminder to do that. If you find this hard then switch it up a little with herbal teas. There are so many different flavours of herbal tea available and the herbs have many beneficial properties, such as calming chamomile. If you drink lots of traditional cups of tea, then replace some of the cups with green tea. Green tea is low in caffeine and full of skin loving antioxidants.
- Eating lots of healthy fruits & vegetables gives your skin a boost as they are packed with nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Vitamins and minerals condition skin immensely from the inside and are essential for good general health. Aim for at least 5 a day and a variety of different colours.
- Our last beauty tip is to get a good night’s sleep. When we are asleep our cells go into high repair mode to undo the damage caused by stress and ultraviolet rays. Good sleep also reduces inflammation in the body. This is incredibly anti-ageing as inflammation is thought to cause the body to deteriorate. It can be hard to prioritise sleep when many of us have very hectic schedules, but it is important for great skin and overall health.
We hope that you found our advice helpful about the best new year resolutions for your skin. The good news is that it is nothing too drastic and just some simple measures that can be taken to help your skin to look as good as it can. Following a good regime morning and evening, as well as using natural cruelty free face products are small steps to take, along with staying hydrated, having a healthy diet and getting good sleep. At Nakin we believe in looking as good as we can naturally, and this is why we developed our award winning anti-ageing skincare range. A healthy lifestyle combined with always using the best skincare products is one of the easiest things you can do to enhance your look naturally.
Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award-winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK. If you would like to get in touch with Nakin then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to hear your thoughts and are also available to offer skincare and product advice.