Deciding whether a face wash or cleansing milk is better to cleanse your face with is a long-debated question. It is one that most of us who are interested in skincare will have wondered at some point. At Nakin we generally prefer the use of natural cleansing milks over using face washes, as they are more conditioning and kinder to skin. That’s not to say that face washes do not have their place. Face washes are beneficial for some circumstances such as after a run or heavy gym workout, when skin will have a built up lots of sweat plus dirt and even mud sometimes. Both a cleansing milk and a face wash will do the essential job of cleansing skin from make-up, toxins, debris, sweat, oil, impurities and pollutants. In this sense both do an excellent job and are far more superior to cleansing than just using water. Cleansing skin effectively is important for healthy glowing skin. This is because cleansing properly conditions the skin and removes dead skin cells, a build up of which leaves skin looking dull and tired. When skin is clear of impurities it also means that it can function as well as possible, so effective cleansing is incredibly anti-ageing for our face and neck.
For daily morning and evening facial cleansing we believe that cleansing milks win hands down over face washes. We recommend a natural anti-ageing lotion like Nakin’s Advanced Cleansing Milk which we believe is one of the best face cleansers available. The silky soft lotion formula of a cleansing milk means that powerful plant actives can be easily incorporated into the ingredients, and they are very beneficial to skin when applied to the face. So skin is left clear, fresh, soft and hydrated. Face washes on the other hand will always be more stripping to skin, due to their foaming nature and the ingredients required for this. This can cause a kind of shock to skin with the drying nature of a face wash causing skin to produce more oils to compensate, which can affect skin’s natural delicate balance. There are of course benefits to using both a cleansing milk and a face wash as discussed below.
Benefits of Cleansing Milk
- Natural Cleansing Milks are mild on the skin
- Cleansing milks are kinder to skin
- Cleansing milks cause less skin sensitivity
- The lotion consistency allows for intense beautifying actives to be incorporated into the formula
- The massaging action of applying a cleansing milk helps to dislodge dirt and improve blood flow
- Cleansing milks will not strip skin of its natural oils
- Cleansing milks do not cause excess oil production like face washes can
- Anti-Ageing Cleansing Milks will put actives and goodness back into skin
- Cleansing milks are more hydrating than face washes
- Cleansing milks do not leave skin feeling taut, dry and uncomfortable
- Cleansing milks are highly effective and more precise at removing make-up
- Most cleansing milks can be removed with cotton wool, a cloth or in the shower
- Cleansing milks are really adaptable and can be used anywhere without the need for a sink
- Cleansing milks are suitable for all skin types; from oily, dry, combination, normal and sensitive
- Cleansing milks leave skin fresh, glowing and conditioned
Benefits of a Face Wash
- Face washes are quick and easy to use when showering
- Face washes are helpful after a run or heavy work out session
- Face washes are good for removing heavy dirt such as mud
- Gentle non-foaming face washes are kinder to skin than high foaming face washes
We hope that you found our article useful on the differences between using a face wash and cleansing milk on your face. Of course, a lot of product choices come down to personal opinion and your lifestyle. If you love using a face wash and it leaves your skin looking fantastic, then there may be no need to change. A lot of people use both a cleansing milk and a face wash in their daily skin care regime to get the benefits of both. At Nakin we aim to help customers achieve beautiful skin at every age. Our cruelty free natural skincare contains everything that you need for a face care routine including products for cleansing and moisturising; plus treating skin with serum, oil, lip and eye care products. Find out more about us at www.nakinskincare.com Our full range is made in the UK and offers outstanding skincare, as can be seen from our amazing customer reviews and multi-award winning product range. The face care collection is kind to skin, and even for very sensitive complexions. If you need skincare advice then we are always happy to help, so please just get in touch, and we will do our best to advise you.