At Nakin we work hard to be an environmentally friendly eco ethical company. In everything we do we aim to leave as little a carbon footprint and effect on the environment as possible. Our aim at Nakin is the make the Best Natural Skincare that we possibly can, but we only want to do this while being kind to the environment at the same time.
We often get asked if we have a refill scheme, and we are always sad to answer that we do not have one. This is because we are a small anti-ageing skincare company and we do not have the ability to manage a refill scheme at the moment. However, that does not mean that our packaging is a single use product. As the bottles and jars are clear, they are the most easiest to recycle by recycling facilities, or with your regular recycling pick up from the local council. All of our packaging is also in containers that are very easy to reuse for a whole host of useful things. We never use airless pumps which are much harder to reuse and recycle. Instead we chose all our packaging for its simplicity and reuse ability, plus every container in our anti-ageing skincare has a clear bottom and screw on lid. We often get asked why we do not use glass. This is because it has high greenhouse emissions during production, it is also quite heavy to transport. There is the option to recycle Nakin’s packaging, but it is also good to reuse it, and there are many options for this as we discuss below. Upcycling is a big thing at the moment, and there is so much that you can do with finished skincare packaging.
Ideas to Reuse Our Face Cream, Lip & Eye Cream Jars
Before reusing a cosmetic product, it is really important to clean and dry it properly. This is essential as otherwise bacteria could build up. Therefore, take the container and lid apart as much as possible, and clean it thoroughly and then dry it completely. Then try out the options below:
- Use them to house small items like beads, needles, staples and paperclips.
- They are great to store vitamin pills for travel.
- Make up your own spice and herb mixes and store them in the jars.
- The size of the jars makes them perfect to plant seeds.
- Use for travel by decanting each product into the empty jars, when you might only want to take a small amount of a product away with you. Take care to check hand luggage requirements as restrictions can go on the size of the bottle, and not the amount of product left inside it.
Ideas to Reuse our Serum, Oil and Cleansing Bottles
Before reusing a cosmetic product, it is really important to clean and dry it properly. This is essential as otherwise bacteria could build up. Therefore, take the container and lid or pump apart as much as possible, and clean thoroughly and then dry it completely. Then try out the options below:
- Make up your own spice and herb mixes and store them in the bottles.
- Use them to hold long thin items like pencils and make-up brushes.
- Plastic bottles can be remade into many things such as piggy banks.
- Use for travel by decanting each product into the empty bottles, when you might only want to take a small amount of a product away with you. Take care to check hand luggage requirements as restrictions can go on the size of the bottle, and not the amount of product left inside it.
We hope that you found this useful, there are many more ways to reuse packaging and this just includes a handful of suggestions. To find out more about Nakin and our stunning face care products then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com We have a full range of cleansers, moisturisers, lip, eye and face treatments which can be found here. All of Nakin’s face products are cruelty free and made in the UK. The award-winning products are all formulated to be enhancing to skin, with amazing plant extracts that are anti-ageing but also kind to even sensitive skin. Nakin are a kind ethical company that always want happy customers. All the products are free from harsh ingredients like parabens, silicones, phthalates, PEGs, artificial colour and fragrance. Take a look online at our many customer product reviews to see why Nakin offer such excellent and affordable face care.