As autumn begins, the weather starts to cool down and the leaves start to change colour. It is a good time to start thinking about taking care of your skin and what your skin needs for the changing weather. The good thing is that your skin just needs the same good natural skincare that it does all year round, but with some extra comfort added in to hydrate and protect effectively. Here are a few tips to help you keep your skin looking its best during the autumn season.
- Good cleansing is essential at any time of year but as the summer fades it is easy to take it down a notch when really skin still benefits from excellent cleansing. One switch that we do suggest is to make sure that you have a really hydrating nurturing cleanser like the ones in Nakin’s Natural Anti-Ageing Cleansing Collection. We have everything to meet your cleansing needs with our comforting cleansing milk and rejuvenating face wash, plus our award-winning face toner and radiance building exfoliator. Exfoliating regularly is important as the weather gets colder because your skin can become dry and flaky. Good exfoliating will help to remove dead skin cells and give your skin a healthy glow.
- Moisturise often. Cold weather can sap moisture from your skin, so it is important to moisturise often during the autumn season. Use a light but intense moisturiser on your face, in the morning and evening after cleansing. Nakin have stunning natural face moisturisers that have lots of benefits for the face and neck, plus our face treatments can also be used beforehand to boost and repair. We always recommend a good eye cream like ours to revive the skin around the eyes, plus using our nourishing lip care to keep lips soft and hydrated.
- Protect your skin from the sun. Just because the weather is cooler does not mean we can forget about sunscreen. UV rays can still damage your skin in the autumn, so be sure to apply SPF 30 or higher sunscreen every day, even on cloudy days.
- Eat healthy foods. A healthy diet is important for good skin health all year round, but it is especially important in the autumn when our skin can become dry and irritated. Try to eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains to give your skin the nutrients it needs to stay healthy.
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is essential for good skin health, so be sure to drink plenty of water every day. Aim for eight glasses a day if you can.
We hope that you find our advice useful for looking after your skin once summer ends. By following these simple tips, you can keep your skin looking its best all autumn long. We have our full range of natural anti-ageing face products which has everything needed to keep skin looking great all year round. We also have lots more skincare tips and advice on our website www.nakinskincare.com