Lots of us will have either experienced foundation drying out our skin, or you might have noticed it on others, where the foundation looks a bit cakey or patchy, and gives skin a dry look. The easy way to avoid this is just to prepare the skin properly before applying the foundation, and then apply the foundation correctly after the skin prep. At Nakin we love natural skincare and so more natural looking make-up is right up our street. Helping to make your foundation look as gorgeous as possible is achievable, whatever product that you use. It is all about having the right base that provides a smooth surface and long-lasting hydration, without greasiness. To achieve natural looking foundation and to stop it from drying out your skin or looking patchy, follow the steps below.
- Begin by cleansing the skin to freshen it up, remove dead skin cells and create a clear base. The natural Advanced Cleansing Milk is one of the best facial cleansers around to remove make-up and daily dirt morning and evening, while being kind and without stripping skin. Follow the milk with the Purifying Face Toner which is amazing at removing the last traces of cleanser, reviving and detoxing skin.
- Next apply our natural Performance Face Serum which is one of the best serums around with its multipurpose ability to help lines, an uneven skin tone, plus hydrate at a deep level.
- Then put one pump of our natural Revitalising Face Oil to calm, condition and nourish skin. Rub the oil on the inner finger pads and then press it all over the face and neck. It is really good for redness and sensitivity.
- Next our natural face moisturisers work as an excellent primer base for foundation. Our Natural Eye Cream, Natural Face Serum, Natural Matt Formula Face Cream for oily, normal and combination skin, or Natural Active Dew Face Cream for dry, normal and combination skin are all perfect for this. Let them sink in for a couple minutes before applying the actual foundation.
- Now skin is beautiful prepared it will look clear, hydrated and glowing. This is the time to apply the foundation. The aim is to make the coverage look light and as much like your skin as possible, however thick your foundation is. A thick cakey look, or one that is drying and creasing in wrinkles is best avoided. Apply dots of foundation all over the face and then simply buff it everywhere with a foundation brush. Because there is a lovely base to the foundation, it should be very easy to buff and blend with a gorgeous natural look with no patches.
- Now that your foundation is looking amazing the rest of the make-up can be applied including concealer, bronzer, blush, highlighter, lip and eye products.
We hope that you found our feature helpful about how to achieve gorgeous looking foundation, without it drying out or looking patchy. Preparing skin properly by cleansing, treating and moisturising with gorgeous natural products is the first step. The second if buffing the foundation in for as natural a look as possible. Your choice of product will of course have an impact on how good the foundation looks. When it comes to skincare, the important thing is to also always use the best skincare products.
Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award-winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK. If you would like to get in touch with Nakin then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to hear your thoughts and are also available to offer skincare and product advice.