When our skin barrier is strong and healthy it means that our skin can focus on functioning effectively instead of constantly trying to heal, and it also protects our skin from further damage. At Nakin we are advocates of natural skincare and we believe that using high quality natural products is the best way to repair the skin barrier naturally.
Our skin barrier plays an important role in skin health. It is known as the stratum corneum which is the exposed outer layer of the epidermis, so it plays a massive role in protecting skin from the damaging effects of things like pollution, UV rays and infections. If the skin barrier is damaged or compromised, then skin can become sensitive and irritated, or might have breakouts.
For most of us with a compromised skin barrier we can use natural skincare to heal and repair it back to health with care and attention, some of us though might have medical conditions that require professional help. In this feature we will concentrate on mild skin barrier issues on the face area, as this is the most susceptible to damage. Our advice focuses on using good kind nourishing and protecting natural skincare products, as nurturing plant ingredients can do so much to repair the skin barrier and keep it in optimum health. At Nakin we formulate all of our products to help the skin barrier to flourish as the healing plant extracts are filled with vitamins, minerals and oils that nurture with their deep nutrition. Find out more about our products below and see why they are so naturally repairing to the skin barrier.
- Our natural anti-ageing face cleansers are formulated with kind cleansing ingredients such as hydrophilic oils and detoxing seaweed, to cleanse the skin without dryness or irritation.
- Serums are hugely beneficial and anti-ageing to the skin but can be harsh to the skin barrier when they are filled with synthetic ingredients like retinoids, which is why ours use natural actives instead. Modern plant actives offer exceptional anti-ageing benefits but without the irritation to skin. Our natural anti-ageing face treatments also include a beautiful face oil that has an intense healing ability for skin barrier repair.
- Good face creams hydrate and nourish the skin barrier, plus add an extra layer of protection to it. Our natural anti-ageing moisturisers do a brilliant job of moisturising naturally and we have options for different skin types.
- The skin around the eyes is more delicate than the rest of our face and should never be forgotten when it comes to hydrating and protecting its barrier. Our natural anti-ageing eye cream achieves this while also helping with lines, dark circles and puffiness.
- Extra care always needs to be given to the lips as they only have a thin layer of stratum corneum and low moisture retention ability. Our natural anti-ageing lip care is packed with healing butters and oils to repair and protect this vulnerable area.
It is also essential to remember that lifestyle factors such as eating a good diet, staying hydrated, getting lots of sleep and keeping healthy will also play a part in repairing and maintaining skin barrier health.
We hope that you found our article useful about repairing the skin barrier naturally. We truly believe that natural plant ingredients are the best way to do this with their ability to hydrate, heal and protect. At Nakin we have a full range of natural anti-ageing products, with everything needed in a gorgeous face routine to help with this, which can all be found on our website.