For many of us stress is a part of our everyday life, and it can be hard to escape from. It has so many negative effects on our health, and this also shows up on our skin. If you are suffering from stress, then read on to find out the best way to reduce the effects on our skin.
When we are stressed, we produce more cortisol and adrenaline. This can actually slow down the production of collagen which reduces the skin’s rejuvenation and cell renewal ability. Stress can affect skin in all sorts of ways and might show up as the following symptoms:
- Dryness and dehydration
- Redness and flushed skin
- Premature ageing such as fine lines and wrinkles
- Irritation, itchiness or rashes
- A dull lacklustre complexion
- Breakouts from the hormonal changes
- Pigmentation and uneven skin tone
One of the easiest ways to reduce the effects of stress on the skin is to use good skincare products like Nakin’s Natural Anti-Ageing Skincare, which is filled with gorgeous plant actives and extracts that beautifully calm skin and help with all the effects of stress on the face. This includes dehydration, lines, dullness redness and irritation. It provides skin with intense nutrition to help it flourish whatever the situation under which it is put. Our range includes the below products which are great to destress skin and can work wonders on many of the symptoms arising from it.
- Gentle but effective cleansing helps to clear dead skin cells and dryness, plus supports cell renewal. Our natural anti-ageing face cleansers are formulated with kind cleansing ingredients to clear the skin without dryness or irritation.
- We have an excellent serum that works to smooth lines and wrinkles plus will normalise the equilibrium of the skin. There is also our stunning face oil which restores life and calm back to the face, and is especially boosting for stress when applied with a facial massage. See them in our natural anti-ageing face treatments.
- Using a soothing hydrating moisturiser will cocoon the skin in nourishment and our natural anti-ageing moisturisers are perfect for this.
- Our eyes always show stress so hydrate, smooth and revive with our natural anti-ageing eye cream for a real boost to this delicate area.
- Our lips always benefit from some extra care and when stressed we often bite them, which adds to the damaging effects. Our natural anti-ageing lip care is packed with healing butters and oils to repair and protect the lip area from the effect of stressful situations.
The best skincare can definitely help to reduce the noticeable effects of stress on the skin but it is also a good idea to work out a way to manage stress. There is no quick fix to counteract the effects of stress on skin. The best thing to do is to remove the factors causing the stress. However, in today’s busy times where we come up against many complex situations it can be impossible to do this. Instead, we can find ways to learn how to better cope with stressful situations. This might be from reconsidering our life choices and looking at other options. Whatever the cause of our stress we can always work out ways to better manage the issue and reduce the impact, sometimes just seeing issues from a different perspective can help.
There is also lots that we can do to feel better about ourselves, improve our energy levels plus maintain our overall health. This will all help to keep our skin looking fresh and healthy, plus will keep us in good form to deal with stressful situations and counteract the effects on us. This includes lifestyle factors such as eating a good diet, staying hydrated, getting lots of sleep and exercising. If you are struggling with stress then we also recommend movement, meditation and lots of self-care.