The importance of winter skincare should not be forgotten, as skin is much more susceptible to problems in the colder months. Looking after skin properly in winter means that skin does not have to suffer. At Nakin we are passionate about looking after skin naturally all year round, and this includes during winter.
We have our natural anti-ageing skincare which really helps to keep the skin on the face and neck looking fabulous all year long, including winter. We also have lots of tips that we can share to keep the skin on our face and body hydrated and healthy in the cold winter months.
One of the issues that our skin faces in winter is that the cold reduces blood flow to our skin, so it is not being nourished as much as in the warmer months. The air is also drier which really dehydrates skin and makes it susceptible to dryness, and even conditions like eczema and psoriasis. However, there is lots that can be done to help skin to look and feel great. Our winter skincare tips include the below.
- Use moisturising cleansers to clean skin and use foaming cleansers sparingly. This is because detergent-based products deplete the sebum and natural oils, which moisturise the cells in the skin layers. Too much or too harsh cleansing of the face and body can damage the skins protective barrier, and leave it dry and irritated.
- Keep skin out of water for long periods. When skin is in water for extended periods it can deplete the natural oils. Our skin needs oil on the surface to stop moisture evaporating. So, take care to wear gloves when washing dishes and not to stay in the bath and shower for too long, plus keep water from being overly hot.
- Apply a natural moisturiser liberally to the face and body as this will add moisture to the skin and protect it. Applying moisturiser liberally to skin also gives a film of oil which will stop moisture from evaporating. Good moisturisers like Nakin’s have built in protection to prevent moisture loss; this is because we use ingredients like jojoba oil which is a liquid wax for amazing invisible skin protection.
- Prevent indoor environments from getting too hot. This is because heat takes moisture from the air, which translates into drier skin.
- Be kind to skin and assess the amount of exfoliation carried out. It is also a good idea to stay away from harsh anti-ageing ingredients like retinol and synthetic vitamin C.
- One thing to still use though is sunscreen as although UVB rays are not as intense, UVA rays are strong and especially at high altitudes.
Nakin’s products are suitable for skin all year round and including winter. We have a full range of stunning anti-ageing face products, and their sumptuous formulas are gorgeous for skin, even in the very cold months. Cleansing and treating skin is important in winter, but one product that is a skin care hero in the colder months is a face cream moisturiser. As well as adding moisture to dry dehydrated skin, they also protect the skin from the damaging cold weather.
There are two face creams in the Nakin range that are split by skin type. The Matt Formula Face Cream is a lovely face cream for oily, normal, combination and sensitive skin. For drier skin types the Active Dew Face Cream is more hydrating. Both are non-greasy and long lasting, plus for day and night use.
At Nakin we use natural actives and extracts, plus minimal natural perfume, so Nakin's products are all calming and suitable for even sensitive skin. We include lots of anti-ageing plant actives in the products, but they are kind to skin, so our formulas do not include strong ingredients like retinol and synthetic vitamin C. Our full range can be found here natural anti-ageing skincare.