Menopause brings lots of internal and external changes and these can cause mayhem with your skin. During menopause oestrogen levels decline and this often has a significant impact on the way we look and feel. The menopause can lead to all sorts of issues for skin, but one of the most common is that skin gets drier. This means that adding topical moisture to skin is important and choosing good natural skincare like Nakin’s will provide skin with deep hydration and nourishment, while being kind at the same time.
When we have dry skin, the barrier is often easily impaired, and skin can also be more sensitive. This is why using natural skincare that is free from undesirable ingredients like parabens, sulphates and retinoids is beneficial for keeping skin happy and healthy. As well as using lots of natural hydrating skincare products, we also recommend avoiding products that can cause more disorder to skin, such as strong cleansers and anti-ageing ingredients. Nakin’s range of face products offers incredible anti-ageing skincare without any of the irritation, as we use plant alternatives to strong ingredients like retinol.
As we get older, or body loses its ability to retain moisture in the skin the way it used to. Applying the best topical creams helps to address this. Feeding skin internally is also really important to keep it hydrated from the inside. Everyone will benefit from lots of fruits and vegetables, and including omega oils in the diet from seeds and nuts.
Using good face products makes looking after skin in menopause so much easier. When high performing natural products are used, there is not too much of a deviation needed from a usual skincare routine. Good skincare in menopause includes cleansing, treating and moisturising the face and neck, as with every good face regime. However, paying particular attention to the hydrating elements of the routine will keep skin looking bouncy and dewy. This means using a gentle cleanser, and always applying an eye cream, serum and moisturiser. One product that we recommend introducing into your skincare at menopause is a face oil. Lots of us have been using a face oil for many years and it is staple in our daily regime, and this is because face oils are so calming, nourishing and plumping to skin. Long gone are the days of greasy face oils that clog pores, a good face oil like Nakin’s Revitalising Face Oil is a modern sophisticated product that leaves skin hydrated and glowing. For a good face care routine in menopause see our steps below.
- Use our effective natural face cleansers that cleanse beautifully without irritating or drying the face and neck. The gentle plant cleansers remove make-up and impurities but leave skin clear and soft.
- Follow cleansing with our restoring natural face treatments that are so important to bring menopausal skin back to life. They calm, repair, smooth lines and build collagen.
- Seal in goodness, hydrate and protect the face with our natural moisturisers that help to deliver and retain long lasting moisture in skin.
- For the skin around the eyes, hydrate and revive with our natural eye cream. It has a special bouncy formula and is super kind to even sensitive eyes, plus it is fragrance free.
- Finish with our natural lip care for soft, smooth plumped lips.
- Nakin have everything needed for beautiful skin at every age. See our full natural anti-ageing products face range, for your skin needs in a good face care routine.
We hope that you found our feature helpful about looking after skin in menopause. Our key recommendations are to use high performing natural skincare, plus ones that are filled with lots of actives to hydrate and boost collagen production. Find out more about Nakin and our award winning skincare see the links below.