Usually around our forties we will move into the perimenopausal phase in our life, where our bodies start to prepare for the menopause. This can have all sorts of implications for our health, how we feel and our skin. These days perimenopause is more easily talked about but it can have some negative symptoms for many of us. The good news is that the changes to our skin are easily managed with high quality skincare like Nakin’s Natural Anti-Ageing Range. Taking some time to look after our skin properly during the perimenopause will help to alleviate any symptoms such as dryness and sensitively, plus help to strengthen the skin throughout the perimenopause and beyond.
Following the usual good practices of cleansing, treating and moisturising skin during the perimenopause is what will keep it looking and feeling great. One change though is to make sure that you are using hydrating skincare like Nakin’s Anti-Ageing Face Products. The natural hydration provided by our award-winning skincare keeps skin comforted, plump and youthful. Our range offers so much more than just hydrating skin, and we have excellent products that are lovely to use during the perimenopause and beyond. Our range includes the products below which use the power of botanicals to help keep skin looking and feeling fantastic.
- Start with our Nakin Natural Anti-Ageing Cleansing Milk to cleanse the face with caring hydrating plant extracts, that are comforting at the same time.
- Or use the luxurious foaming Nakin Natural Anti-Ageing Face Wash to thoroughly cleanse without stripping away the natural oils.
- Follow with our hydrating and conditioning Natural Anti-Ageing Toner to clear away the last traces of cleanser, while toning and refreshing at the same time.
- As we age we tend to get a bigger build-up of dead skin cells and so our Natural Anti-Ageing Exfoliator removes them, as well as renewing skin by helping to improve an uneven skin tone.
- Our eyes often show how we are feeling and perimenopause can be a tough time, so treat the skin around the eyes by using our Natural Anti-Ageing Eye Cream to hydrate, smooth lines, plus boost dark circles and puffiness.
- A serum is a must for dry dehydrated skin and our Natural Anti-Ageing Serum is made with special plant actives that smooth out lines, plus correct and repair.
- Skin often shows signs of stress in this stage of life so the Natural Anti-Ageing Oil is there to calm and relax stressed and irritated skin.
- Then use one of our face creams to hydrate, condition and protect with their moisture building and protecting ingredients. The Natural Anti-Ageing Matt Moisturiser is for oilier skin types and the Natural Anti-Ageing Dew Cream for drier skin types. Both are lovely for combination and sensitive skin.
- The lips need as much love as the rest of the face and our Natural Anti-Ageing Lip Balm offers deep nourishment and healing, even for very dry lips.
Moisturising the skin is important to keep it looking and feeling healthy. During perimenopause, hormones cause the skin to become drier, so moisturisers are essential. Our moisturisers are specifically designed to improve skin, including mature or sensitive skin, as they include natural oils such as jojoba or argan, which provide nourishment and hydration for the skin. Our whole range is excellent during perimenopause as it helps to reduce inflammation and protect against free radical damage caused by exposure to environmental factors.
Treatments are a great way to give skin a deep down boost and this is why we often recommend using both a serum and a face oil in perimenopause, especially if your skin is dry or dehydrated.
Good cleansing is essential to ensure that skin looks fresh and clear, plus help the treatments and moisturisers applied afterwards work their best. But it is essential to use kind products like ours that do not strip the skin of its natural oils and cause irritation.
Finally, when looking after skin in perimenopause, make sure to protect against sun damage by using sunscreen every day, even on cloudy days. Choose a product with an SPF of 30 or higher and apply it liberally to all exposed areas of the body. Reapply sunscreen every two hours or after exercise. For maximum protection, also wear sunglasses and a hat when outdoors.
By following these tips on how to look after skin in perimenopause, you can keep your complexion looking and feeling healthy, despite the changes caused by hormones during this stage of life. With regular cleansing, moisturising, and sun protection habits, you'll be sure to maintain a youthful glow, even in middle age.