At Nakin we are dedicated to being an ethical company and we love animals, so being a cruelty free skincare brand is essential to us. At Nakin, we are also surprised to know that animal testing is still a serious issue in the world. We believe that it does not matter how good a face or cosmetic product is, it should not be used if it has been tested on animals. The best way to know if a beauty product is cruelty free is to check that it is registered with a company that has the right systems in place to certify beauty products as cruelty free, and not tested on animals. This includes companies like the Cruelty Free International Leaping Bunny Scheme, PETA’s Beauty Without Bunnies Scheme and Choose Cruelty Free.
If a beauty company does not have its products registered with a cruelty free organisation, then you could contact them to check if they are cruelty free or not. Many people think that all beauty products are cruelty free as the European Union banned cosmetic animal testing years ago. However, this only bans cosmetic testing in the European Union, as long as the products are not tested in the area, or sold in the area. What we really need to ensure all beauty and cosmetic products are cruelty free and no animals are harmed again, is a total worldwide ban on animal testing.
At Nakin we choose the Leaping Bunny registration scheme as it is the largest in the UK and is also known worldwide. The Leaping Bunny standards that we meet include the below:
- Having a fixed cut-off date, which is the date that we agree as a brand that we and our suppliers will conduct, commission or be party to animal tests for ingredients anywhere in the world.
- We also will not have any final products tested anywhere in the world.
- We have a continuous monitoring system to ensure all our suppliers and manufacturers comply with Leaping Bunny criteria.
- We open up our monitoring system to regular independent audits, to ensure we meet the criteria above.
Our full range of cruelty free skincare includes the below products:
- The cruelty free Advanced Cleansing Milk £15 for 150ml is one of the best natural face cleansers that removes make-up and grime while being kind and without stripping skin.
- Our cruelty free Purifying Face Toner £15 for 150ml is excellent for removing the last traces of cleanser, reviving and detoxing. It prepares skin to be most receptive to the actives applied after cleansing.
- The cruelty free Performance Face Serum £25 for 50ml naturally assists skin to look its best and is a hero in helping with lines, sun damage and an uneven skin tone.
- The cruelty free Revitalising Face Oil £22 for 50ml is one of the best face oils available and is packed with amazing plant oils to calm, condition and energise skin.
- Our cruelty free Eye Cream Complex £18 for 15ml gives the skin around eyes silky soft hydration and is one of the best natural eye creams to combat dark circles, wrinkles and puffing.
- Our cruelty free Matt Formula Face Cream £20 for 50ml is an amazing moisturiser for oily, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It is also great as a foundation base and provides long lasting smooth hydration without greasiness.
- The cruelty free Active Dew Face Cream £20 for 15ml is our bestselling product and works for dry, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It is not overly rich but provides long lasting hydration with a subtle dewy finish.
- Our cruelty free Lip Treatment Balm £10 for 15ml is one of the best natural lip balms available as it softens, hydrates and comforts even very dry lips.
It is important to note that some beauty companies might be cruelty free, but not be registered with the Leaping Bunny Scheme. There is a cost to register and so some companies might prefer to work on their own systems, to ensure their ingredients and final products are cruelty free. Nakin’s full range of skincare is all cruelty free and registered with the Leaping Bunny scheme. You can find out more about this here.
Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK. If you would like to get in touch with Nakin then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to hear your thoughts and are also available to offer skincare and product advice.