Most of us know that the quickest way to prematurely age our skin is by exposing it to the sun without using SPF protection. A lot of the sun damage to our skin is from past tanning, when using SPF was not seen as such a high priority as it is now. Plus even with the best of intentions, when we find ourselves in very hot countries it can be hard not to get a tan, as the intense hot sun reaches our skin cells more easily.
The best way to avoid sun damage in a hot climate is to stay out of the sun in the middle hottest part of the day, and use a waterproof product with at least sunscreen SPF 50, plus reapply it regularly. Even SPF 50 should be reapplied every couple of hours and sometimes more when we have been in the water or have been sweating, as it naturally rubs off. Using a stronger form of SPF like a full-on sunblock is a good idea when the sun is really hot and strong. Plus, always cover skin up where possible with clothes, hats, and sunglasses.
Feeding your skin with water and nutrition internally will also help to replenish any lost nutrients and help our skin to function well. Avoiding foods that cause inflammation is always recommended to keep our skin free of extra stress, this includes sugar and alcohol, plus too much gluten and dairy. Lastly feeding your skin topically will help to keep skin healthy, fresh, and hydrated after being in the sun. At Nakin we have a full range of face products that are all designed to naturally improve skin. Our products include the below, with everything needed in a face care routine.
- Our Nakin Natural Anti-Ageing Cleansing Milk is a lovely way to cleanse the face while hydrating and comforting at the same time. The oil-based formula is packed with plant oils to support and nourish.
- For those that like a foaming cleanser our Nakin Natural Anti-Ageing Face Wash offers sublime cleansing without stripping the skin of its natural oils. The natural cleansing agents leave the face and neck perfectly clean and clear.
- Our Natural Anti-Ageing Toner clears away the last traces of cleanser while deep cleaning and conditioning the complexion, with its plant-based toning ingredients.
- Lots of us like to exfoliate to get that clear and smooth look plus feel and our Natural Anti-Ageing Exfoliator offers this with its natural AHA formula that provides excellent exfoliation, but without the irritation. Sun damaged skin tends to have an uneven look and our tonic also helps to correct this.
- After cleansing apply our Natural Anti-Ageing Eye Cream to skin around the eyes to help with lines, dark areas, and puffiness. The light springy formula is hydrating and reviving from the blend of reviving plant actives and extracts, including a line smoothing hibiscus derived peptide.
- Our Natural Anti-Ageing Serum is our strongest anti-ageing product for the face and neck with its many plant actives and extracts that work to improve the look of skin by correcting, hydrating and conditioning. One of our favourite ingredients in this serum is the hibiscus derived peptide that is also in our eye cream and works to instantly smooth out lines and wrinkles.
- Most of us will notice that our skin is more sensitive in the areas that have been exposed to the sun, and this is something that can last for years. Our Natural Anti-Ageing Oil is an easy way to calm all skin types with its intensely nourishing formula that sinks effortlessly into the skin.
- After treating the skin follow with one of our face creams to hydrate, condition and protect. We use some of the best moisturising ingredients like hyaluronic acid, cassia and argan oil to give skin everything it needs from a face cream. The sun can really dry our skin out and so a good moisturiser helps to counteract this. We have our Natural Anti-Ageing Matt Moisturiser for oilier skin types and our Natural Anti-Ageing Dew Cream for drier skin types.
- Our lips are easily forgotten when it comes to sun damage, as we often tend to focus on our face and neck. However, our lips can show lots of signs of ageing with lines and loss of plumpness. Our Natural Anti-Ageing Lip Balm is an easy way to provide deep hydration and comfort to the lip area with its beautiful blend of plant butters and oils.
We hope that you found our article helpful about healing skin after tanning. To find out more about Nakin visit our website at www.nakinskincare.com