Most of us will develop facial lines at some point, and where they develop will depend on our age, lifestyle, face shape, weight and genetics. For some of us we will have noticeable lines on the neck, and there is lots of things we can do to improve and reduce the look of these neck lines. Using the best anti-ageing skincare will help, and there are other lifestyle measures that will have a significant impact.
In this article we are mainly focusing on natural ways to get rid of neck lines. This is because at Nakin we are an ethical company and we believe in healthy living and achieving beautiful skin naturally with amazing natural skincare. One of the main points to remember is not to forget about your neck. We tend to focus a lot of care on keeping our face fresh and line free, the neck is somewhat an afterthought. Our neck will really benefit from the same care that we give to our face. The skin on the neck is a large area, so it is important not to neglect it. It will benefit from some specific pampering as it does differ from the skin on our face, but some of the treatments like using the best skincare products works the same for both the face and neck.
Wrinkles on the neck can show up as horizonal or vertical lines. The horizontal ones tend to be more genetic and can appear from a young age, the vertical lines tend to be more crease like, crepey and wrinkly in appearance, and are often accompanied with some sagging of the skin on the neck. The horizontal neck lines are also known as necklace lines, as they look similar to having a choker necklace on, and they often appear as a pair of two main lines, but sometimes in a trio of three. These horizontal lines can be hard to get rid of naturally in young people, as they are not generally caused by ageing and skin damage. If, however, the horizontal lines are something that has appeared as skin matures then there are lots of natural ways to help to get rid of them. For neck lines that appear as we age, including horizontal ones and vertical ones that are wrinkled and crepey, take a look at our advice below to improve and help alleviate them.
Neck Yoga to Reduce Neck Lines
Our necks are subject to all sorts of stress during the day and night. We are often sat looking at a computer, the television, driving for long periods or sleeping in funny positions. All of which can put a strain on our neck. These repetitive movements can also cause lines and wrinkles on the neck. Follow the 3 facial yoga techniques below to tone and smooth your neck.
- A simple and easy way to relieve tension and tone up the neck is with head rolls. Simply roll your head and neck around slowly both clockwise and anti-clockwise five times each day. Take the stretch as far as you can to feel that beautiful lengthening in the front of the neck. It does not take long but will tone and relax the neck area. It also provides relief from repetitive movements and helps to iron out those creases on the neckline. Try to incorporate these into your daily beauty routine.
- Next simply look up with the face and then blow kisses to the sky. You should feel the whole neck area engaged. This energising movement will tone and strengthen the skin on the neck. Repeat 10 times.
- Then put your face to the sky and move your lower lip ahead of the upper lip, so the chin juts out. Move the bottom lip and chin out and then back repeatedly 10 times. This helps to tone the jaw line, which works to keep this whole area tight and sag free. It can also be felt in the whole neck.
Neck Massages to Alleviate Neck Lines
Massaging the skin on the neck really helps to iron out those lines and creases. As well as stimulating sagging areas of the skin, it is detoxifying and helps to drain away any puffing. It also helps to smooth away tension and lines that build up from the repetitive movements that our neck is subject to on a daily basis. Another benefit of massage is that it relaxes muscles and tension, as well as our minds. A relaxed mind means a relaxed body and less chance of wrinkles. Follow these simple massage techniques for energised skin on the neck.
Start by using a natural face oil like our Revitalising Face Oil and then simply pinch small areas of the skin all over the neck. Include the upper neck, chin area and lower neck. Take care not to pinch too hard. Then with the fingers make small circular motions and move around the whole face and neck. Finish the massage by putting the fingers and hands flat and sweeping both the palms in upward strokes on the neck, from the bottom of the neck to the top.
Diet & Hydration That Helps to Improve Neck Lines
The skin on the neck responds to healthy food and hydration in the same way as the rest of our systems do. When we are hydrated our body can function at the optimum level. Supporting our systems with the right vitamins, minerals and nutrients helps our skin to function well and glow. Drink lots of water and staying away from processed and sugary foods is hugely beneficial to skin. Instead fill up with the best foods for gorgeous skin. Healthline list these foods as oily fish, avocados, sunflower seeds, walnuts, red and yellow peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, soy, green tea, grapes and even dark chocolate.
Skincare to Get Rid of Neck Lines
We tend to neglect our neck area until we start to see signs of ageing. But the skin on the neck needs lots of care, as it is a large area of skin and is also sensitive and delicate. Great natural anti-ageing skincare will help to rejuvenate past damage to the skin on the neck, and to increase hydration, elasticity and collagen - so it is soft, plump and crease free. Just to mention that you do not need a special cream for the neck. Any good face cream, serum or oil will have actives that cater for the face and neck. So, a separate neck cream is not necessary. Follow the steps below for beautiful skin on the neck.
- Cleansing is especially important to achieving smooth line free skin on the face and neck. It is like a wake-up call for skin that refreshes and revives. Even more so if you use a high quality face cleanser like our award-winning age resisting Advanced Cleansing Milk £15 for 150ml. It removes make-up and daily dirt morning and evening, while conditioning and without stripping skin. The plant oils and seaweed are perfect to cleanse and condition skin at the same time, while the hyaluronic acid plumps up skin beautifully. It is an amazing first-step in every skincare routine and can also be used to exfoliate when removed with a luke-warm damp muslin cloth. The neck does not contain as much oil as the rest of the face, so take care to only exfoliate it once a week. Effective cleansing will remove grime and dead skin cells, as well as conditioning the skin.
- Now that the face and neck are soft and clear it is time to apply a beautiful plant-based toner like our Purifying Face Toner £15 for 150ml which removes the last traces of cleanser, revives and detoxes skin. The power comes from the amazing natural extracts like seaweed, hyaluronic acid and plant botanicals to plump and smooth skin. It also ensures the face and neck are best prepared for the active face treatments applied afterwards.
- Now it is time for the real magic, in the form of amazing plant extracts that have the power to repair and rejuvenate skin on the face and neck. Our anti-ageing Performance Face Serum £25 for 50ml is a bio face treatment to help with lines, wrinkles, UV damage and an uneven skin tone. It is full of amazing plant extracts like line smoothing hibiscus, ingredients from the sea, plumping hyaluronic acid and antioxidants, such as pomegranate for all around skin enhancement.
- A face oil is one of the best ways to calm, energise and nourish skin. The 100% natural Revitalising Face Oil £22 for 50ml is another face treatment product which gives skin on the face and neck a treat with the best plant oils like argan, baobab and peach kernel oil. Although it is an oil it has an amazing non-greasy finish for soft smooth glowing skin.
- A good face cream will not only moisturise the face and neck but also provide skin loving nutrients and protect skin from damage and environmental stressors like pollutions. They also trap hydration into the skin which helps to smooth out lines. Our plant-based Matt Formula Face Cream £20 for 50ml is a moisturiser for oily, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It provides long lasting smooth hydration without greasiness. As with all our products, we only use high-quality plant ingredients that do not clog pores. The plant-based Active Dew Face Cream £20 for 50ml is the best face moisturiser for dry, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It gives a dewier finish but is never greasy. It hydrates and defends all day long, with a gorgeous long-lasting formula. Remember to always include your neck when applying a face cream. Nakin’s face creams have high quality plant actives that work their magic on the face and neck and can be taken down to the décolletage area as well.
The Importance of Using Sunscreen on Your Neck
We now know that damage from the sun has one of the biggest effects on premature skin ageing. Protecting the face and neck from the sun is really important to achieve line free skin. The effect of sun damage has negative effects on skin texture and skin smoothness, as it damages the deeper layers and collagen. This leads to sun damaged skin cells that build-up and behave abnormally, creating an uneven surface, textural abnormalities a leathery look and sagging. So, protect skin with a natural broad-spectrum sunscreen. Take care to apply it thoroughly to all areas of the neck.
Cosmetic Procedures to Get Rid of Lines on the Neck
At Nakin we only recommend natural ways to reduce lines on our neck. We are huge natural skincare advocates and believe in beautifying our skin through the power of plants. We are only mentioning the cosmetic procedure options to complete our article, with all the information available. The types of cosmetic treatments that can be used to get rid of lines on the neck include the use of high powered retinols, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion, dermal fillers which are injectable ingredients placed directly into areas on the neck to smooth and fill lines. There is also Botox, laser resurfacing and even the option to have a face lift. All these treatments have a high cost and should only be carried out by highly qualified personnel. As we said already, we do not recommend using harsh or invasive treatments on our skin and prefer natural options.
We hope that you found our feature helping to get rid of lines on the neck naturally. There are many easy natural and affordable ways to help alleviate lines on the neck, including through the best skincare products. We hope that this allows you to be happy with the skin on your neck. Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK. If you would like to get in touch with Nakin then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to hear your thoughts and are also available to offer skincare and product advice.