During the summer, our skin tends to look better than normal, as for many of us it has a lovely glow. Even if we are stringent with our SPF use there are normally times when we get a little bit sun kissed. It is a lovely healthy look, but behind the glow the summer can be an intense time for skin, and so we should take steps to keep it as healthy as possible. Read on to find out our easy ways to get healthy summer skin.
Summer is the perfect time to show off your healthy, glowing skin. But achieving that perfect summer complexion is not always easy. Here are some tips to help you get healthy summer skin:
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water is essential for keeping your skin healthy and hydrated. We usually need to drink between 1.5 -2.5 litres of water a day, and this is one of the easiest pro beauty tips that we can do.
- It goes without saying that we need to protect our skin from the sun. Cover skin up whenever possible and always use a high factor sunscreen when outdoors, plus try to stay in the shade as much as possible.
- Cleanse skin effectively. When it comes to the face and neck use a high performing natural range like Nakin’s Anti-Ageing Skincare. Cleanse skin morning and evening with a natural cleansing milk or face wash and then exfoliate or use a face toner afterwards. Exfoliate regularly with a gentle product like Nakin’s Exfoliating Radiance Tonic. It gently clears away dead skin cells, which helps keep skin looking fresh and radiant.
- Treat and moisturise. Applying high quality treatments and face creams to the skin after cleansing in the morning and evening will feed it with nourishment and hydration. Treatments like our Performance Face Serum and Revitalising Face Oil help to keep skin looking youthful as well as improving the condition, which is beneficial after a day in the sun and also to prevent and improve signs of skin ageing, such as lines and wrinkles. Keeping your skin moisturised is key to achieving that healthy summer glow. Use our Eye Cream Complex to hydrate and revive the skin around the eyes, helping with darkness, puffing, plus wrinkles. For the face and neck choose one of our moisturisers depending on your skin type. Our Matt Formula Face Cream is for oily, normal, combination and sensitive skin, and for skin that is drier we have the Active Dew Face Cream. They both contain some of the best cosmetic plant extracts that hydrate, calm, smooth and nourish skin with vitamins, minerals, and skin plumper’s. Finish with our Lip Treatment Balm to keep lips looking and feeling their best naturally.
- Finally eat healthily. A nutritious diet will do wonders for your skin and the heat of the summer is a great time to take the opportunity to increase our intake of fruits and vegetables. A healthy diet is important for our overall health and also feeds our skin with internal nutrition.