How To Fix Stressed Skin
The mind and body are inter-connected, and the body reacts to everything that the mind is experiencing. This is great when things are going well, but our skin can be adversely affected when we are mentally or physically stressed. Sometimes things are going well but hormones affect skin and put stress on it, or the weather can put pressure on skin and cause it to react. The best skincare products will help, but there are lots of other easy fixes for stressed skin. Whatever the cause of the stress; be it environmental, hormonal or a not so great mental state, follow our tips to fix stressed out skin.
Get To The Cause Of The Problem
The first thing to do is to try to find the cause of any skin reactions and alleviate it. So, if you are having a stressful time at work then try to get on top of it. Talking about problems can make them seem so much easier to deal with and give a new perspective on an issue. Hormonal changes will affect skin and can cause breakouts, dryness and irritation. We cannot stop natural hormonal changes over our life, but there are many natural aids that can help to manage them.
Take Time to Exercise & Relax
The National Centre of Biotechnology Information say that the brain and skin communicate with each other and the skin reacts to the stress by activating the endocrine and immune systems. This has a negative impact of chronic stress on skin health. Thriva state that exercise helps to regulate hormones and reduce stress. So, getting active can really help with the root cause of stressed out skin, which is often caused by hormones or stress. Sometimes a day out or change of scene can take our mind to a different place. Take some time off and do something fun. Get a yoga or pilates app, take long walks or cycles as exercise gets us feeling good. Web MD advise that when we exercise, our body releases chemicals called endorphins. These endorphins interact with the receptors in your brain that reduce your perception of pain, they also help our cells including those in our skin. Getting good sleep is also essential.
Support Skin With A Good Diet
Eating healthy foods and staying hydrated supports stressed out skin from the inside. Drink lots of water and staying away from processed and sugary foods is hugely beneficial to stressed skin. Instead fill up with the best foods for gorgeous skin. Healthline list these foods as oily fish, avocados, sunflower seeds, walnuts, red and yellow peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, soy, green tea, grapes and even dark chocolate.
Have a Natural Skincare Routine
Using natural skincare products is even more important when your skin is stressed. This is because synthetic ingredients will put an extra pressure onto skin, whereas plant based natural ingredients are kind, supportive and nourishing. Taking time to have a good skincare routine is relaxing in itself. Applying high quality natural skincare will help stressed out skin to be as healthy as possible. High quality face products will also protect skin from environmental stressors, like cold weather and pollution. Both of these put pressure onto skin and good skincare can protect skin from this stress.
- Cleansers clear away dirt, grime and pollution which puts stress onto skin. They balance skin and help it through breakouts. Our natural Advanced Cleansing Milk £15 for 150ml removes make-up and daily dirt morning and evening, while being kind and without stripping skin. The plant oils and seaweed are perfect to cleanse and condition skin at the same time. It is an amazing first-step in every skincare routine and can also be used to exfoliate when removed with a luke-warm damp muslin cloth. After cleansing apply the natural Purifying Face Toner £15 for 150ml to remove the last traces of cleanser, revive and detox skin. This power comes from the amazing natural extracts like seaweed, hyaluronic acid and plant botanicals.
- Topical application of nutrients keeps skin cells as healthy as possible and antioxidants fight free radical damage. This is important as when we are stressed there is an increase in oxidation. So, applying antioxidant skincare helps to fight off skin damage caused by this. Our natural Performance Face Serum £25 for 50ml is a bio face treatment to help with lines, UV damage and an uneven skin tone. It is full of amazing plant extracts like line smoothing hibiscus, ingredients from the sea, plumping hyaluronic acid and antioxidants, such as pomegranate for all around skin enhancement. The 100% natural Revitalising Face Oil £22 for 50ml is another face treatment product which calms, conditions and energises skin with the best plant oils like argan, baobab and peach kernel oil. Although it is an oil it has an amazing non-greasy finish for soft glowing skin.
- The skin around the eyes is one of the first places to take the strain when skin is stressed, especially if we are tired. The natural Eye Cream Complex £18 for 15ml gives the skin around eyes silky soft hydration and combats dark circles, wrinkles and puffing. The many natural plant extracts make it a special treatment for skin around the eyes.
- Moisturisers act like invisible protection against the cold and pollution. Our natural Matt Formula Face Cream £20 for 50ml is a moisturiser for oily, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It provides long lasting smooth hydration without greasiness. As with all our products, we only use high-quality plant ingredients that do not clog pores. This face cream is free from rich oils like coconut and macadamia. The natural Active Dew Face Cream £20 for 50ml is the best face moisturiser for dry, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It gives a dewier finish but is never greasy. It hydrates and defends all day long, with a gorgeous long-lasting formula.
- Lip balms keep lips hydrated and protected from environmental stress. Our natural Lip Treatment Balm £10 for 15ml softens, hydrates and comforts even very dry lips with 100% plant oils and butters. This includes argan, baobab, mint and shea butter for super soft nourished lips.
We hope that you found our feature on fixing stressed skin useful. Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK.
Leave a comment