We can face a lot of changes in our 50’s that might make us feel less fabulous than we used to. However, it need not be like this as the 50’s can be a great time of life, and one that we can look and feel fabulous in. All it takes is a little bit of effort, but the rewards are well worth it. Here are some ideas to look and feel great in your 50’s and it is all about embracing this stage and devoting some time to your health. Getting older does not need to be scary and life can begin at 50. At Nakin we are dedicated to living a healthy lifestyle which is why we developed our natural anti-ageing skincare. Looking and feeling great is about more than just skincare though, so take a look at our tips below.
1. Exercise is important at every stage of life and in our 50s it can help us to be physically fit and look great, but also improve our mental wellbeing. The way you exercise might change from previous decades, but this is one of the best ways to keep fit and healthy. Once a week try to do something that raises your heart rate for at least 10 minutes. As well as this try to include some exercise like dancing or yoga that gets the whole body moving to refresh the face, neck, back, arms, torso, bum, legs, hands and feet. Plus do any exercise that you love to do such as walking, cycling or swimming, as everything is a benefit.
2. As a reward for exercising, it’s nice to treat ourselves to some healthy destressing activities and jacuzzis plus saunas are a great way to stimulate our bodies. They have many health benefits and are relaxing plus stimulating to our systems. The heat widens blood vessels, which increases blood circulation, sending nutrients throughout your body. Following on from a jacuzzi and sauna a massage has to be one of the ultimate ways to treat our body and minds. Many spas have jacuzzi and saunas available to use as part of a massage booking.
3. What you put in your body is one of the best ways to stay young. Fill your body with good protein, fruits, vegetables and herbs like turmeric, garlic and parsley. Keep your systems and gut healthy by reducing sugar and alcohol, plus including probiotic or gut friendly foods like kefir in your diet.
4. When it comes to pro ageing looking after our skin properly can make a huge difference to how we look and feel. Our 50’s is a time to carry out our skin routines religiously. As well as cleansing, toning and moisturising it is important to treat our skin with a serum and face oil. A serum helps to repair past damage and a face oil can do wonders for dry or stressed skin. Adding topical moisture is key for great looking skin in our 50s as we tend to get quite dry in this decade, sensitivity can also increase. Many of us will have been using a serum for years but might not have a face oil in our routine. We really recommend one like our Natural Anti-Ageing Face Oil to nourish, calm and hydrate skin deeply. It is non greasy and leaves skin looking healthy, fresh and radiant. At Nakin we have a full range of gorgeous natural anti-ageing skincare products with everything needed for beautiful skin at every age.
5. Our last tip for feeling great in our 50s is to spend time doing things that you love and that invigorate the mind. It can be anything from reading a book, to cooking or spending time with friends. Fill days with positive tasks and some relaxation, plus end it with a great night’s sleep.