How To Deal With Sudden Skin Ageing
At Nakin we devote our work to helping skin to look as good as it can naturally, primarily through our award-winning natural anti-ageing skincare. For most of us our skin ages gradually as the years go by, and any changes to the skin such as wrinkles, loss of plumpness and symmetry are barely noticeable on a daily, or weekly basis. Daily and weekly changes that are noticeable to the skin tend to be more lifestyle based from factors such as short-term stress, hormones or lack of sleep. However, we do sometimes hear about an occurrence of sudden skin ageing. This is where skin looks like it has aged years in a short space of time. We have investigated this and it seems that it can happen, so read on as we discuss the evidence below, as well as the best way to deal with sudden skin ageing.
The best way to avoid sudden skin ageing is to prevent it happening to start with, by looking after skin properly. It is never too late to start looking after your skin, and even if you have already noticed sudden ageing on your face, then there is lots to do to improve your skin and prevent further damage. Follow the steps below to keep skin youthful and help it to age slowly and beautifully.
- Use the best natural anti-ageing skincare
- Always use and effectively apply high quality sun protection from UVA and UVB rays
- Revive and energise skin with facial massages
- Keep skin toned with facial exercises
- Eat a diet rich in healthy foods like fruit, vegetables, protein and healthy carbohydrates
- Cut out smoking, drinking, sugar and processed food
- Avoid yo-yo dieting
- Help your system to cleanse and function by hydrating with water and herbal teas
- Reduce stress and take time to relax
- Try to get enough sleep every night
If you have noticed sudden ageing on your face and neck, then you are probably not imagining it. The Daily Mail newspaper reported on Japanese research by a beauty brand. They studied 100 women aged between 22 and 55 and found that that the ability of skin to protect, renew and regenerate itself from UV exposure and pollution was a steadily decline, however, it went into freefall at age 35. This surprised us, as from our knowledge of skin we would say that it can happen at any age after 35. The Daily Mail also reported on another study by Harley Street plastic surgeon Rajiv Grover on over 100 women. He measured their brow height, cheek volume, the crease line that runs from the nostril to the outside of the lip and the jowl thickness and carried on recording measurements yearly. The results were that while some measurements showed a gradual decline, cheek volume – which is a key factor in a youthful appearance - can drop off suddenly, by as much as 35 per cent in a year. However, he also noted that almost all of the women that saw an ageing spurt had a cause that could be directly related to the sudden ageing. This included losing a lot of weight quickly, suffering a serious illness or undergoing severe stress from a divorce, bereavement or redundancy. This shows why we need to take care of our health with the right diet and fitness, as well as ensuring that we deal with stressful situations properly and make time to relax.
If you already find yourself in a situation where you notice that your skin has suddenly aged really quickly then do not despair, as there is so much that you can do to improve and enhance your skin. We do not recommend opting for harsh treatments like cosmetic procedures, or synthetic retinol and vitamin C creams. Instead embrace your skin and care for it naturally. Follow all the steps outlined above to start and continue a good long-term skin programme, including a natural skincare routine in the morning and evening. At Nakin we have the following products to help you achieve this.
- Our anti-ageing Advanced Cleansing Milk £15 for 150ml removes make-up and grime, while being kind and without stripping skin. The plant oils and seaweed are perfect to cleanse and condition skin at the same time. It is important to cleanse the face in the morning and evening to keep skin looking as fresh as possible.
- Follow the cleansing milk with our anti-ageing Purifying Face Toner £15 for 150ml which removes the last traces of cleanser, revives and detoxes skin. This power comes from the amazing natural extracts like seaweed, hyaluronic acid and plant botanicals.
- Our anti-ageing Performance Face Serum £25 for 50ml is a bio face treatment to help with lines, UV damage and an uneven skin tone. It is full of amazing plant extracts like line smoothing hibiscus, plumping hyaluronic acid and antioxidants, such as pomegranate for all around skin improvement.
- The anti-ageing Revitalising Face Oil £22 for 50ml is another face treatment product which calms, conditions and energises skin with the best plant oils like argan, baobab and peach kernel oil.
- The anti-ageing Eye Cream Complex £18 for 15ml gives the skin around eyes silky soft hydration and combats dark circles, wrinkles and puffing. The many natural plant extracts make it a special treatment for skin around the eyes.
- Our anti-ageing Matt Formula Face Cream £20 for 50ml is a moisturiser for oily, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It provides long lasting smooth hydration without greasiness. This is from the natural blend of plant actives to hydrate, condition and protect skin from things like pollution.
- The anti-ageing Active Dew Face Cream £20 for 50ml is for dry, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It is the best face cream if you have drier skin, or like a rich cream and dewy finish. This moisturiser is gorgeous for the face and neck delivering long lasting moisture, nutrients and protection.
- Our anti-ageing Lip Treatment Balm £10 for 15ml softens, hydrates and comforts even very dry lips. The plant butters and oils include argan, baobab, mint and shea butter for a luxurious lip plumping treatment.
We hope that you found our feature about dealing with sudden skin ageing helpful. Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK.
Leave a comment