How To Apply Sunscreen to the Face Correctly
The sun is known to be one of the biggest causes of premature skin ageing, as well as being the biggest cause of skin cancer. This is because the ultraviolet UV light damages the DNA of skin cells. So, protecting skin effectively from the suns UV rays is extremely important. Staying out the sun when it is at its hottest and covering skin up with hats and clothes is one of the easiest ways to protect skin, and where this is not possible sunscreen should be applied. Applying sunscreen to the face and neck might sound simple but there are a few points to remember that will help to keep skin best protected. Read on to see our tips for applying sunscreen to the face correctly.
- Use a good sunscreen with a high SPF protection of 30-50, depending on the amount of sun exposure your skin will have. At Nakin we believe in natural skincare and so prefer mineral sunscreens.
- Apply sunscreen as the last step in your skincare routine. So, after cleansing and treatments such as oils and serums, plus after moisturiser. Serums and oils are best used after cleansing, and a face cream afterwards. This will allow the actives in the treatments and moisturiser to best reach the skin cells, plus rejuvenate and hydrate your skin. The sunscreen then sits on top of the skincare products.
- Apply a good layer all over any areas of exposed skin, covering all areas of the face and neck thoroughly. Remember to include easily forgotten parts such as the ears, near the eyes, front of neck, back of neck, mouth, top of forehead, neck, chest and even the scalp. The scalp is easily forgotten but can actually receive a lot of sun in the parting and on any thinning areas.
- The skin around the eyes and eyelids needs some extra consideration as putting SPF too close to the actual eye can cause irritation. This is where sunglasses are hugely beneficial, as long as they have UV protection.
- Sunscreen needs to be reapplied every couple of hours as it can sweat off or dry out in the sun, and its effectiveness is reduced. It is a good idea to carry sunscreen around with you constantly, so that it can be used as required for the best protection.
We hope that you found our article useful about the best way to apply sunscreen for the face. At Nakin we are skincare specialists and not experts in SPF. These are our Nakin tips for applying sunscreen to protect the skin and it does not replace medical or dermatological advice. Protecting skin from the sun is now an everyday part of skincare for many people. It should take priority in a beauty regime all year round, and especially in the warmer months. At Nakin we believe that sunscreen plays a huge role in keeping skin looking fresh and youthful. We also have a full range of anti-ageing skincare products, and everything can be found in the links below.
- Discover our award-winning natural anti-ageing face treatments.
- Discover our award-winning natural anti-ageing moisturisers.
- Discover our award-winning natural anti-ageing eye cream.
- Discover our award-winning natural anti-ageing lip care.
- See our full range of natural anti-ageing products, with everything needed in an effective face care routine.
UK Skincare Sensitive Skincare Cruelty Free Skincare Vegan Skincare
Leave a comment