Face serums are now a staple in most of our everyday skincare routines, due to their ability to improve our skin and help correct issues. They are still somewhat of a mystery though, especially with regard to the best way to apply them. Serums tend to be one of the pricier items in our beauty cabinet. This is because many contain expensive actives that have the ability to improve skin. At Nakin we only recommend a natural face serum, like our Performance Face Serum which works its magic from the many amazing plant actives contained within it. It is also multi-purpose and helps with a multitude of skin concerns like hydration, sun damage, lines and wrinkles. So, you will not need more that one serum, like some ranges offer. Follow our steps below to find out the best way to apply serum to your skin, the steps should be repeated morning and evening for best results.
- Pick a good quality natural face serum like Nakin’s Anti-Ageing Performance Face Serum. It is for all skin types including sensitive skin and is made with stunning plant extracts like hydrating hyaluronic acid, line smoothing hibiscus, antioxidant pomegranate, as well as oils and marine extracts. It is free from harsh ingredients like parabens, retinol and synthetic vitamin C, and this is the only serum you need for your face. It is like a light lotion and although some serums are quite watery, we do not recommend them as they can have a high water to active ratio. The whole point of a serum is to deliver potent ingredients deep down into skin. Do not also be alarmed if your serum feels slightly sticky on the skin after application, this is a good sign for a serum, and is due to the natural hyaluronic acid which has a tacky feel. There are so many different types of serums on the market and it can be very confusing which one to use, some brands even have a different serum for every skin care concern. But we believe that ours is one of the best serums available and it is also cruelty free and made in the UK.
- Before applying your serum ensure that your face is properly cleansed. Our Advanced Cleansing Milk is brilliant for removing make-up and daily dirt morning and evening, while being kind and without stripping skin. After the cleansing milk would be our Purifying Face Toner to remove the last traces of cleanser, revive and detox skin. They are not harsh cleansers, so will not leave your skin feeling tight and uncomfortable. Effective cleansing removes dead skin cells and clears pores ready for the serum to be applied. Having clear skin means that it can better benefit from the powerful plant actives applied in the serum.
- Now is the time to apply the face serum to the face and neck. Leave out the eye area as an excellent eye cream is much better for the delicate skin near the eyes. You can apply the eye cream before the serum. Then take your natural face serum and pump out 1 to 2 pumps. There are then two choices to apply it to skin. The first is to dot the serum all over the face and neck and then gently smooth it around, ensuring all areas are covered. This is important as it is easy to miss off areas like those close to the ears, or above the lips. However, these areas are where lines can show. The area above the lips is also prone to discolouration, so applying a serum can resist these ageing concerns, and help to improve current issues. When smoothing the serum over your face and neck, take care not to rub it, as this can stretch the skin. The other option for applying the serum is to gently spread the serum on the inner fingers and then pat it all over the face and neck. Take care with this method to ensure that the serum is evenly applied all over the face and neck. The best way to achieve this is with very light patting all over, and then checking that the serum is still on the inner fingers when getting near the end of the application.
- If you are using other serums or face treatments like an oil, then they can all be layered on skin together. Take care not to apply too much of each product though. The general rule is to apply treatment products in order of their consistency, so thinner products first and build up by applying the thicker products on top. We usually recommend that a face oil like our 100% natural Revitalising Face Oil is applied after a serum.
- Once face treatments have been applied, it is time to protect and hydrate skin with moisturisers. Our Matt Formula Face Cream is a moisturiser for oily, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It provides long lasting smooth hydration without greasiness. The Active Dew Face Cream is for dry, normal, combination and sensitive skin. It gives a dewier finish with a long-lasting formula. The last step is to apply a lip product like our 100% natural Lip Treatment Balm.
We hope that you found our feature helpful about the best way to apply serum to the face and neck. Face serums tend to have a high price tag, due to their concentrated actives that help to improve skin. So, it is essential to use them correctly and get the most out of them. The important thing is to always use the best skincare products.
Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK. If you would like to get in touch with Nakin then please email us at email@example.com We would love to hear your thoughts and are also available to offer skincare and product advice.