There are so many scary stories about fake tan disasters, and most of us will probably have experienced this at some point. Fake tan is a really easy way to enhance our look with a gorgeous glow, and these days there are so many great natural and organic fake tan options available. If it is applied subtlety, then fake tan can also be incredibly anti-ageing to your look. This is because we tend to get paler as we get older, as well as having a more uneven skin tone. Nakin’s anti-ageing skincare will do wonders for skin, but fake tan can also even out our skin tone and give us a gorgeous healthy glow. However, it needs to be applied correctly in order to avoid it making us look worse. At Nakin we only recommend using natural skincare products that work in harmony with our natural biology, and luckily there is a lot of choice in this area. The key to applying fake tan to your face successfully is all in good preparation of the face and neck, as well as applying the fake tan correctly. Follow our steps below for a gorgeous glowing streak free tan on your face and neck.
- The first step comes way before application and this is making sure that you have the right fake tan colour for your skin tone. There is so much choice out there, so it is worth taking the time to find the right natural and organic tan that matches your skin tone. Nowadays there is a whole range of tan options, from an exceptionally light look to a full-on bronzed tan. Fake tans have also moved away from that orangey look and have more flattering green undertones. For most products there are lots of customer reviews to help guide any self-tan purchase decisions. The key is to make sure it is not only the right colour but also applies easily and without streaks, without spending hours waiting for it to sink, or it rubbing off on clothes. Once you have decided on a good brand to buy, the next step is choosing the perfect colour. This will be a combination of what suits you and personal preference. We recommend contacting the brand to get expert advice on the right colour to pick. The brand will know the colour options inside out and can help you pick the perfect shade. If you have favourite skincare products and never like to use anything else on your face, then some of the self-tan products available are made to be mixed with your usual skin products.
- Once you have the right colour fake tan, then next step is to pick a tool to apply it with. You can of course apply it with your fingers. This is a good budget option and fingers can get into all those nooks and crannies of the face perfectly. The only issue with applying with fingers is that you can sometimes end up with the product a bit heavier in some areas. You also need to ensure that hands are well washed afterwards. We actually recommend using a large buffer brush to apply fake tan to the face and neck. They are like a kabuki brush with large heads, to quickly get even coverage of the product all over the face and neck.
- Before moving onto the fake tan application, we recommend making sure that you have enough time for the task. So, make sure you have a spare 15 minutes and take yourself off to somewhere that you will not be disturbed. Once you get the hang of applying the fake tan perfectly, then you will find it is a much quicker and easier task.
- Before applying the fake tan, it is important to prepare the skin on the face and neck, so you have a nice even and smooth base to apply it to. Use our natural Advanced Cleansing Milk and remove with a damp warm muslin cloth, massaging skin in small circular motions on the face and neck. Follow cleansing with a soothing toner to clean, purify and soften the face and neck with our natural Purifying Face Toner. Good cleansing and exfoliation of skin removes dead skin cells, which might have built up in patches on the face. After cleansing apply a good skin prep cream to prime the skin before applying the face tan. Our natural eye cream, natural face serum, Natural Matt Formula Face Cream for oily, normal and combination skin, or Natural Active Dew Face Cream for dry, normal and combination skin are all perfect for this. Let them sink in for a few minutes before applying the actual tan.
- Now you are ready to apply the fake tan to your face. Put your hair up and apply it with your fingers over your face and neck. Then use the buffing brush to buff it all over, taking care to get into all the nooks and crannies, so the tan is applied evenly all over. A good way to use the brush is in gentle circular motions. It is also a nice little massage for your face and neck. Take care on the eye area and also around any lines. It is worth spending a lot of time on this step to get it right and get the fake tan evenly buffed in all over. Once all applied leave it for a few minutes to make sure it has sunk in.
- Now you have a gorgeous glow and naturally applied fake tan, the only thing to do is to maintain it. Only clean and moisturise skin with gentle products like Nakin’s Natural Skincare and do not exfoliate again until you are ready to apply fake tan again. Each fake tan product will last for a different amount of time on skin and you can reapply as required.
Fake tan if done correctly can give our whole look a boost, so much so that you might even want to go make-up free. If you do not like the thought of fake tan, then there are also lots of one day wash off products that give a nice glow. They are lovely if you are happy with your look and just want a bit of extra glow for a special day or night out.
We hope that you found our article helpful about how to apply fake tan to the face correctly. We absolutely love a natural fake tan, for the glow giving youthful look that it gives you. It's also a much safer way to get a tan than from sunbathing. This combined with always using the best skincare products is one of the easiest things you can do to enhance your look naturally.
Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK. If you would like to get in touch with Nakin then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to hear your thoughts and are also available to offer skincare and product advice.