A face cream is probably the most used beauty product for lots of us, so applying it effectively gets the most bang for our money. It also means helping to keep our face and neck look as great as possible, and without causing any damage to the skin. At Nakin we put everything that we can into making the best natural skincare products with our award-winning anti-ageing skincare range. So, applying a face cream in the best way helps to further get the most out of our skincare.
Applying a face cream moisturiser properly is something that is debatable. It can seem like the simplest of tasks, but many of us wonder if there is a science to it and if it is better to pat the cream on, or to spread the cream. There is not a universal rule to applying a face cream, and if you have a method that you are happy with, then we are not suggesting that you must change it. Instead we have a guide below on the way that we believe will get the best results from a face cream, without causing any damage. This means your skin will benefit as much as possible from the technology of a face cream which will hydrate, nourish and protect skin from premature ageing, including fine lines and wrinkles. These are mainly caused by the sun, and also environmental stressors like pollution and dehydrated skin. But good face creams really help to resist signs of skin ageing. Follow the steps below to apply the face cream in the best way possible, for glowing skin every day.
- First prepare skin properly using an excellent natural Cleansing Milk and natural Face Toner combo, followed by a natural Serum and/or Face Oil.
- Then use an amazing natural moisturiser like our Matt Formula Face Cream for oilier skin types and Active Dew Face Cream for drier skin. Apply daily morning and evening.
- Apply a large blueberry sized amount of face cream onto the fingers and then dot around the face and neck. Then begin patting the cream around the whole face and neck with the fingertips. We believe that patting a face cream around the face instead of spreading the moisturiser is preferable. It will not cause damage and has a light massage action. But some spreading in areas in an upward motion is fine. This is beneficial after patting the cream everywhere and might also be required when in a hurry.
- At certain times of the year such as in winter or when skin is feeling dry, then your skin may benefit from applying more face cream than usual.
- Take time to apply the cream to all areas of the face and neck. This is important as it means that every area will benefit. Easy areas to miss are the jawline, near the ears and the nasolabial folds. You might also want to apply the cream to the décolletage area as this is very susceptible to damage, especially from the sun.
- Do not apply a face cream to the eye area. The skin around eyes is thinner and more delicate than on the rest of the face and neck. So, a face cream will weigh it down, instead apply a springy hydrating natural Eye Cream.
- During the day also apply a broad spectrum five-star rated sunscreen.
We hope that you found our feature helpful about how to apply face cream to get the best out of it. Face cream moisturisers are one of the most used beauty products, and so taking time to apply them properly will really benefit skin and help to keep it smooth and glowing. The most important thing is to always use the best skincare products.
Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK. If you would like to get in touch with Nakin then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to hear your thoughts and are also available to offer skincare and product advice.