How To Apply Face Cream
For most of us our face cream moisturiser is the absolute essential in our beauty routine and we apply it twice daily without fail. But have you ever thought about how you are applying it and if it is the best way for your skin? Our skin is amazing and can withstand lots of things, but it is also delicate and susceptible to damage if not treated well. So, if you would like to see if you are applying your face cream properly then read on.
Applying your face products properly helps you to get the best out of it, so it is worth taking the time to learn how to apply them and use the right technique. Once you get the hang of the technique it will become second nature. At Nakin we only recommend a natural face moisturiser, however, the application is generally the same for all moisturisers. Follow the steps below to apply your day and night cream correctly.
- Before applying your moisturiser, cleanse skin and use any treatments, like serums and oils.
- Take a pea size amount of a good natural moisturiser. At Nakin we have our Dew Cream for drier skin types and our Matt Cream for oilier skin types.
- Lightly rub the cream into the finger pads of both hands and then press the cream all over the face, neck and decolletage, until it is evenly spread over the skin.
- Apply the cream all over the face, neck and decolletage in light gentle fluid flowing motions, always in gravity defying upward strokes. This helps with blood flow and micro circulation.
- Lifting the skin like this is also an opportunity to massage the face and help with lymphatic drainage, which improves puffiness and fluid retention. Ensure that the whole area is covered including the forehead, between the eyebrows, nose, mouth area and near the ears.
- Once the face cream is applied your skin will be perfectly moisturised and nourished. Our creams are easily absorbed but leave skin glowing and protected, with long lasting hydration.
- Reapply your moisturiser every morning and evening following the steps above.
Moisturisers are great for the facial area, but we always suggest a different product for the eyes. Many people have more concerns around the eye area and the skin also has more unique requirements. It is thinner and more delicate, plus is susceptible to fluid build-up. So always use a good natural eye cream and apply with the ring finger pads, dotting around the orbital bone with a tiny amount of pressure.
We hope that you found our advice helpful about applying face creams correctly. It is worth spending some time on your skincare routine and getting the most out of your products. The result will be a hydrated, nourished glowing complexion. At Nakin we have a full range of natural skincare products and our collection is designed to be used in conjunction with each other. Our face creams have won numerous awards due to their outstanding quality and performance. To find out more about Nakin visit the links below.
UK Skincare Sensitive Skincare Cruelty Free Skincare Vegan Skincare
Leave a comment