Cleansing milks are a traditional product in a skin care routine. They were once the main way to cleanse the face other than soaps, as part of the tried and trusted 3-step skincare routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising. Nakin still believe in this long-established way to cleanse and nourish the face. That’s why we have an amazing natural cleansing milk in our award-winning natural skincare range. These days there are whole lot of other ways to cleanse the face with face washes, exfoliators and micellar waters becoming popular. This has meant that cleansing milks have been somewhat forgotten and people are not sure how to use them. So, read on if you would like some tips on how to use your cleansing milk and get the best from it.
One of the huge advantages of using a cleansing milk to cleanse the face and neck is that they are great at removing make-up and you do not have to have water. They have the ability to remove make-up so well, as the massaging action used when applying a cleansing milk helps to dislodge dirt. The milk can be applied or removed with cotton wool. If you prefer to use water by dampening the cotton wool, or with a wet cloth, then this is fine, and helps to ensure no traces of cleansing milk are left on skin before toning. Follow the steps below to apply and remove your cleansing milk.
- Apply the cleansing milk all over the face and neck using fingertips or cotton wool. Using fingertips allows good drainage of congested areas, but cotton wool can be more hygienic. If using fingers, ensure they are really clean.
- During the cleansing milk application take the time to massage the product into the skin, as this massaging action helps to dislodge grime.
- Remove the cleansing milk in the shower, or with dry or damp cotton wool.
- You may need to redo some areas of the face with the cleansing milk, and if so repeat steps 1-3. This is usually for areas that have a lot of make-up on.
- It is a good idea to exfoliate skin once a week to remove dead skin cells and help boost skin. This can be carried out by removing the cleansing milk with a damp lukewarm muslin cloth, then removing the cleansing milk with small circular movements all over the face and neck.
- Once the cleansing milk is fully removed, sweep a natural face toner over the face and neck.
Cleansing is one of the most important steps in any skincare routine, as it helps to keep skin looking fresh, clear and vibrant. This is because it clears away grime and removes dead skin cells, that might be making skin look tired and dull. Great cleansing also helps skin to best receive the actives applied afterwards from serums, oils and creams. In Nakin’s range we have the Advanced Cleansing Milk which is only £15 for 150ml. It is a natural milk that removes make-up and grime, while being kind to skin and without any stripping. The plant oils and seaweed are perfect to cleanse and condition skin at the same time. We love a cleansing milk as the massage application of it onto the face and neck, means that dirt and grime are dislodged from deep down, unlike a face wash which tends to clean more on the skin surface. Follow with our Purifying Face Toner £15 for 150ml which is the best face toner cleanser, due to its multi-purpose ability to cleanse and tone skin. It is the perfect double cleanse after a cleansing milk or face wash and removes the last traces of cleanser, as well as reviving and detoxing. This comes from the special natural extracts like seaweed, hyaluronic acid and plant botanicals.
We hope that you found our feature helpful about how to apply a cleansing milk properly. Cleansing milks are amazing for skin, especially when used with the best skincare products. Nakin are dedicated to achieving beautiful skin at every age using the best natural ingredients. To find out more about Nakin and our award winning anti-ageing skincare then visit us at www.nakinskincare.com Nakin produce natural face products for all skin types, including sensitive skin. The full range can be found here and is designed to help skin to thrive and flourish by using the best plant active ingredients. Everything is cruelty free and made in the UK. If you would like to get in touch with Nakin then please email us at email@example.com We would love to hear your thoughts and are also available to offer skincare and product advice.