How to Age Well Inside & Out
Many of us are concerned about how we are ageing on the outside and what it means for our looks, but the way we are ageing internally is really important for our health. The great thing is that the same things that help us to age well externally also keep our internal systems healthy and youthful. Read on to find out how to age well on both the inside & out.
Ageing well on the inside and outside relies on the same factors and is about so much more than just using the best skincare products like Nakin’s. At Nakin we are passionate about delaying the ageing of our skin to look and feel younger for longer, which is why we developed our anti-ageing skincare range. However, there are so many additional factors that have a huge impact on how we age internally and externally. These include the list below.
- Healthy eating
- Mental well-being
- Alcohol & smoking
- Good natural skincare
Most of these require little explanation but of all the things that we can do to age well both internally and externally, nutritional therapy has to be the one that can have the most impact. Many of us are overfed but undernourished, and this often comes from a diet that has a significant proportion of calories from ultra-processed foods. Instead, a wholefood nutrient dense diet is much more beneficial for us. Good nutrition gives our skin lots of enhancing vitamins and minerals, plus also keeps us super healthy with a low body weight and less internal inflammation. Many of us have good knowledge of nutrition and we understand the basics of what is good for us, but actually implementing this on a practical level can sometimes be another issue all together. It is a good idea to set aside some time to really think about your nutrition and plan out healthy meals in advance, and before doing the food shop. This is one of the best strategies that we can use to eat well, which is very powerful when it comes to reducing internal and external ageing.
When it comes to ageing it is important to differentiate between extrinsic external ageing and intrinsic internal ageing. The latter is what is predetermined by our genetic makeup, it is in our DNA and is something that we cannot really influence. It is thought that this makes up about 20% of the factors that age us, however, this means that the remaining 80% is from external factors and therefore something that we have a huge influence over.
So, if you want to delay the ageing process then it is usually entirely down to our own responsibility. This means that we need to make a conscious effort to have a youth boosting lifestyle. As well as having huge anti-ageing benefits, a good lifestyle will also boost everyone’s health in many different ways, such as improving our mental well-being, body aches, immune system function; as well as offering better sleep and increased energy levels. Then there are all the other great benefits such as feeling more confident and having clothes fit nicely. Of course, good skincare does really help to keep our complexions looking fresh and bouncy, as it gives skin excellent topical nutrition. Nakin’s range is designed to keep skin looking as good as it can naturally, and you can find out more about us in the links below.
- Discover our award-winning natural anti-ageing face cleansers.
- Discover our award-winning natural anti-ageing face treatments.
- Discover our award-winning natural anti-ageing moisturisers.
- Discover our award-winning natural anti-ageing eye cream.
- Discover our award-winning natural anti-ageing lip care.
- See our full range of natural anti-ageing products, with everything needed in an effective face care routine.
UK Skincare Sensitive Skincare Cruelty Free Skincare Vegan Skincare
Leave a comment