If you are into the natural look then there is a sure-fire way to get a stunning natural glow, and that is by ensuring that your skin is hydrated properly. This involves a two-part method, firstly by making sure you drink the correct amount of water, and secondly by hydrating skin topically with good natural anti-ageing face products like ours at Nakin.
When skin looks dry and dehydrated it is almost impossible for it to look great, instead it looks tired and lacklustre, and older than its natural biological age. However, when skin looks dewy, fresh and rosy, it always looks so much healthier and more youthful. This is exactly what we try to achieve with our Nakin natural skincare range. We want skin to be fresh and hydrated so that you can have that natural glow which looks so healthy. Read more to find out how skin hydration helps you to get a natural glow.
At Nakin all of our products help with skin hydration, and this includes our cleansers, treatments and moisturisers outlined below. They contain some of the best natural hydrating ingredients, to keep skin as dewy and glowing as possible. They are also free from the common synthetic moisturising ingredients that most skincare companies use such as silicones, PEGs and even microplastics. These give that nice but fake silky feel to our skin, but in our view you will never get that long term dewy glow that comes from using skin loving natural ingredients, like the ones in our products. Everything in the range is made with sensitive skin in mind, produced in the UK, cruelty free and mostly vegan.
- See our award-winning natural anti-ageing cleansers.
- See our award-winning natural anti-ageing face treatments.
- See our award-winning natural anti-ageing moisturisers.
- See our award-winning natural anti-ageing eye cream
- See our award-winning natural anti-ageing lip care.
- See our full range of natural anti-ageing products.
The Link Between Skin Hydration and a Natural Glow
Skin hydration is an important aspect of maintaining healthy, glowing skin. It refers to the amount of water and moisture present in the outermost layer of our skin, also known as the stratum corneum. This layer acts as a barrier, protecting our body from external elements such as germs, pollution and UV rays.
When our skin is well-hydrated, it appears plump, smooth and radiant. On the other hand, dehydrated skin can look dull, rough and lacklustre. Therefore, keeping our skin hydrated is crucial to achieving a natural glow.
But how exactly does skin hydration contribute to a natural glow? Let's take a deeper look at the science behind it.
The Science of Skin Hydration
Our skin is made up of 64% water, which is essential for its proper functioning. The stratum corneum, in particular, consists of dead skin cells and a lipid barrier that helps retain moisture. When this layer is adequately hydrated, it appears smooth and supple.
On the other hand, if our skin lacks moisture, the stratum corneum becomes dry and flaky. This creates a rough texture and makes it difficult for light to reflect off the surface, resulting in a dull complexion.
Furthermore, hydrated skin also has an optimal pH balance, which is slightly acidic. This acidity not only helps maintain the skin's natural barrier but also promotes healthy bacteria growth that protects against harmful pathogens.
Hydration and Skin Ageing
As we age, our skin's ability to retain moisture decreases, resulting in dry and wrinkled skin. This is due to a decrease in the production of natural moisturising factors that help bind water to our skin cells.
But don't worry, regular hydration can slow down this process and keep your skin looking youthful and radiant. By providing our skin with the moisture it needs, we can effectively delay the signs of aging and maintain a natural glow.
How to Keep Your Skin Hydrated
Now that we understand the importance of skin hydration let's discuss some simple ways to keep our skin hydrated and achieve a natural glow.
- Drink enough water - The simplest and most effective way to hydrate our skin from the inside is by drinking an adequate amount of water. Experts recommend drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Use a good natural hydrating cleanser - This will cleanse the skin without stripping away the natural oils that are present.
- Use treatments and moisturiser - Good natural treatments such as serums and oils have lots of hydrators such as essential fatty acids, and moisturisers can hydrate skin like no other product. This is because they help lock in moisture and create a protective barrier on the skin's surface. Look for ingredients like the ones that we use, such hyaluronic acid and glycerin that attract and retain moisture.