Our skin really changes as we approach menopause and afterwards. This is due to our female hormone oestrogen dropping, which has a significant impact on our skin. Oestrogen helps to keep our skin plump, hydrated and lifted, plus gives us good oil control. The amount of testosterone also reduces which might cause things like breakouts.
The main thing that many of us notice as we go through the perimenopause and the menopause is that our skin gets drier, plus flaky and dehydrated. As our collagen levels drop, we see a change in the structure of our skin and more sagging occurs. It is also common for skin to become more red, sensitive and easily irritated. This means that it is likely to react much more to things in the environment like heating, cold weather and pollution. All of these changes result in skin really benefiting from having hydrating moisture boosting products applied, like Nakin’s Natural Anti-Ageing Skincare. Using high quality natural skincare is going to allow skin to not feel as dry and irritated.
Good moisturising products are really beneficial, and this is something that Nakin’s products offer. This is because our face care contains beautiful moisturising ingredients such as omega oils and hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is super ingredient when it comes to helping dry menopausal skin as it is natural and binds up to one thousand times its weight in water, and this is why we use it in so many of our products. We also include lots of other amazing ingredients in our anti-ageing skincare such as line smoothing hibiscus and brightening seaweed. We have everything needed for a face care routine as per our collections below.
- Our cleansers include a lovely creamy cleanser which is so beneficial for dry or irritated skin, as it is not stripping or drying. All of our natural anti-ageing face cleansers are designed to gently cleanse skin, while comforting and hydrating at the same time.
- Face oils and serums are incredibly beneficial to menopausal skin as they help with the many issues that arise at this time. We have our natural anti-ageing face treatments that are all free of retinoids, which many can find irritating to skin.
- As we mentioned above a good moisturiser is essential and our natural anti-ageing moisturisers contain some of the best skin hydrators, without leaving skin feeling clogged and greasy.
- Our eyes lack the sebaceous glands that the rest of our skin has and so a good eye product is a must. We also often face sleep problems in menopause, and this will show in the skin around eyes. Our natural anti-ageing eye cream helps to rescue dry, puffy dark eyes, plus eases lines.
- During menopause our lips will also become drier and lose their plumpness. While there is no magic natural cure to plump them, we use mint in our natural anti-ageing lip care to help give lips fullness. Our lip care is also filled with beautiful hydrating plant oils and butters to heal and calm even very dry lips.
We hope that you found our feature useful about how the menopause affects skin. Lots of people come to skincare later in life and around the menopause time, as their skin really needs some extra help to keep it looking soft and healthy. A good skincare routine will improve skin throughout the menopause and is also a nice ritual to do in the morning and evening, to take some time for yourself. Our full range of natural anti-ageing products can be found online and we have everything needed in an effective face care routine.