Holiday Skincare Essentials
When you go on holiday it can be hard to choose which skincare products to take with you as most of us are limited on space. At Nakin we recommend taking the minimal products to keep things simple. For the face taking some products from our natural anti-ageing skincare range is an easy way to keep your face and neck clear and conditioned.
We recommend sticking to a simple routine when on holiday as this time is precious and usually filled with seeing and learning new things, and generally having fun. But skin does still need to be cared for properly. The holidays are a time for family, friends, and fun. But they can also be a time when your skin takes a beating. Between the rich food, the alcohol, sunshine, and the stress of being in a new place, our skin can quickly become dull, dry and even breakout. But do not worry as there are some simple steps you can take to make sure your skin stays healthy and happy during your vacation. Here are our top holiday skincare essentials:
- Good cleansing. This is important as our skin tends to be subject to much more daily grime when we are on holiday. Think SPF, sweat and chlorine to name a few of the things that always require good cleansing afterwards.
- Good face treatments including eye cream are important as despite all that relaxation we can become quite tired when on holiday. You might be wondering why you need to have products in your holiday routine, but each treatment works in a different way. Treatments such as serum, oil and eye cream are a great way to help protect your skin from the damage caused by the sun's harmful rays. They can also hydrate and nourish the face, plus the delicate skin around your eyes, preventing dryness and wrinkles.
- After cleansing and face treatments a good moisturiser is essential to seal all of the goodness in, and protect the face from moisture loss. This is key for keeping your skin hydrated and looking its best. Be sure to use a good quality face and body lotion that will nourish and protect your skin.
- One everyday essential that we need to pay extra attention to on holiday is sunscreen and it is an important part of any holiday beauty routine. Covering up as much as possible is a good idea and using a good sunscreen will prevent premature ageing. The sun can be damaging to your eyes as well as your skin, so it is important to take care of them both.
We hope that you found our holiday skincare essentials feature useful. If you are looking for a way to keep your skin healthy and protected on holiday, make sure you pack cleansers, treatments and moisturisers. All of Nakin's products can be found here. Plus, one other handy item to have for a holiday is a packet of biodegradable facial wipes.
One thing to remember is that skincare is only one piece in the puzzle to having great skin. The other things we recommend are:
- Drink plenty of water. This will help to flush out toxins and keep your skin cells hydrated.
- Get enough sleep. Holidays can be exhausting and are a chance to recharge our batteries, so make sure you get enough rest. Getting proper sleep will help reduce stress levels and give your skin time to regenerate overnight.
- Eat healthy foods. Indulging in holiday treats is part of the fun but be sure to balance it out with plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Eating healthy foods will help improve your complexion and gives you more energy to enjoy your holiday.
Leave a comment