We all know the importance of a good night’s sleep for keeping our skin looking as best that it can, but recently there has been a rise in sleeping on silk pillowcases as an anti-ageing aid. At Nakin we are committed to producing the best anti-ageing skincare so we thought we would investigate how silk pillowcases can also keep our skin fresh and line free.
We have to say that when we think of a silk pillowcase against our face, we envisage a soft smoothness that a cotton pillowcase cannot match. Like our plant-based skincare silk is also a natural product, and we love all things natural that can also help beautify us.
We found some good research from our friends at Good Housekeeping Magazine, where they actually tested the benefits of silk pillowcases in their textile laboratory. They also consulted with an American Dermatologist Dr Schultz, specifically about how silk pillowcases can stop wrinkles and he confirmed that they can. He confirms that it is because they have a smooth surface with very little friction. This quality translates into less tugging on the skin, when compared to a conventional cotton pillowcase. Our face is susceptible to wrinkles when we are asleep as if we sleep on our side or front, we naturally squash our skin in certain areas, which can result in lines and wrinkles. Dr Schultz goes onto say studies show that friction from tossing and turning causes creases in the skin, but a silky-smooth surface can reduce that effect in the long run. So, it seems the answer is a definite ‘yes’ and silk pillowcases can reduce wrinkles.
Using a silk pillowcase is just one of the methods to help keep wrinkles at bay. The other key elements include getting a good night’s sleep, eating healthily and using the best skincare products. Nakin are here to help with all your natural anti-ageing skincare needs and our range includes the award-winning products below.
- Our Anti-Wrinkle Cleansing Milk is a gorgeous milk made with natural cleansers that also soften and comfort skin.
- The Anti-Wrinkle Face Toner clears the last traces of cleanser, revives and detoxes with seaweed, witch hazel and aloe.
- The Anti-Wrinkle Face Serum is an all-round skin repairer with potent plant actives to smooth lines and condition skin.
- Our Anti-Wrinkle Face Oil will boost and energise skin for glowing radiance.
- The Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream Complex helps even very tired eyes and eases wrinkles, dark circles and puffing.
- Our Anti-Wrinkle Matt Moisturiser Cream is a stunning face cream for oily, normal, combination and sensitive skin. For drier skin types the Anti-Wrinkle Dew Face Moisturiser is more hydrating. Both are non-greasy and long lasting.
- The Anti-Ageing Lip Balm hydrates and plumps lips with special natural butters and oils.
We hope that you found our feature about how silk pillowcases stop wrinkles helpful. It is interesting to know that they do prevent wrinkles and have the science to back this up. They are just one part of the help available to achieve gorgeous, fresh smooth skin. Silk pillowcases along with a healthy lifestyle and great natural skincare will keep your skin looking as good as it can.