At Nakin skincare we love the Spring Summer seasons as a time to refresh and revitalise inside and out. The light and warmth bring a new energy which we can utilise to increase our personal health. It's the perfect time for a skin fix that's easy to do with exceptional natural anti-ageing benefits, so consider the following.
- Anti-Ageing Nutrition. Every process in our body is assisted by having optimum nutrition and this includes the way our skin looks. It's impossible to underestimate how important eating good food is, as well as avoiding those foods that contribute to ageing through oxidative stress, such as sugar and alcohol. Sugar is particularly undesirable as it speeds up glycation which reduces skins suppleness, natural tissue repair and circulation. We know it's hard to go completely clean, but eating more beneficial foods minimises inflammation, stress and damage caused. Everyday foods such as Blueberries, oily fish, Avocado, Tumeric and Cucumbers minimise oxidation. The warmer weather should make it easier to eat a higher amount of raw foods with increased intensity of nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
- Hydration. Nakin believe that hydration from water is important for flushing out toxins. Some believe that our hydration levels are regulated by our natural biology and so drinking additional water above the 2 litre daily recommended amount is not required. It's also true that we get a lot of water from food - but more water than less water has to be a good thing, with water and herbal teas always a better choice than coffee or fizzy drinks.
- Beauty From Movement. Small changes to our lifestyle can have significant benefits to the way we look and feel. Our natural biology has built us to move, and this movement does wonders for all parts of our health. Apart from the many benefits for our heart, bones, muscles and energy - our skin will reward us with. Research by the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine has shown that exercise can actually reverse the signs of ageing after they studied a group exercising three times a week. The results showed the subjects skin compositions were decades younger than the control group, measured by analysing the the epidermal and dermis skin layers. That's enough to convince us that more yoga, running, walking, cycling or whatever suits is well worth the effort.
- Green Skincare. Pure skin products like Nakin's natural anti-ageing skincare range filled with natural ingredients work in harmony with the skin, instead of contributing to a toxic build up of undesirable chemicals. A good skincare routine will keep skin clear, hydrated and protected. But effective anti-ageing skincare infuses skin with special active ingredients that target undesirables. Our Nakin range is formulated with the best naturally active anti-ageing ingredients such as Hibiscus, Pomegranate, Seaweed Extract and Hyaluronic Acid. Nakin Skincare is specially formulated to help with lines, uneven skintone, dullness, dehydration as well as repairing past damage. Find out more about Nakin online.
- Meditation Wellness. As well as deeply clearing the mind and relaxing the face, meditation is key to preventing lines and wrinkles. Science shows that frequent meditation has a positive effect on cells, seen in the telomeres that protect our chromosomes. Stress has all sorts of effects on the skin due to the hormones that are released. It's a natural process, but continuing stress subjects our systems to an excess of these including Cortisol, which is known to contribute to loss of Collagen. The mind and body are interconnected and many new ways of thinking believe that physical ailments can be treated by healing the mind.
- Sun Protection. As much as we adore feeling the sun on our skin and love knowing that our Vitamin D levels are being topped up naturally, we have to take care in the sun and use adequate protection. The UV rays in beautiful sunshine damage the Collagen and Elastin that form our skin's connective tissue. Cover up where possible and use a natural sun protection where this is not possible.
- Rest Is Vital. It's called beauty sleep for a reason and lack of it is known speed up the ageing process. Lack of sleep increases the risk of many ailments including increasing cortisol levels. Sleep is also when cells renew, and a great time for our facial muscles to relax.